Libra-me Alone


Sakura and Tomoyo are attacked by a dark figure, and come upon a horrifying discovery...

Date: 2017-04-14
Pose Count: 18
Sakura Kinomoto 2017-04-14 16:07:34 74683
Sakura Kinomoto was running through the streets, Tomoyo in hot pursuit. The golden winds blew through the city. As it passed people. 'Hey, babe, sorry, I just don't think this is going to work. huh, that was easier than I thought.' 'No, I think your fat makes you look fat!' 'I HATE your lasagna!' 'I really had no intention of paying you that money back.' As it went by people, it made them spill the truth.

She raced after it, the voice card out(how she got it out of the first person). Running into the park, Tomoyo racing after with her camera.
Alexis Raskoph 2017-04-14 16:14:35 74684
The sun's barely up. Just enough for the first rays of light to flow through the bare tree branches within the park. Enough to leave the place mostly in shadows outside of the places where the path is lit up by lightposts.

As Sakura passes people surely left within the park arguing or yelling otherwise as a result of the card causing the blurts of truth-bombs, everything seems to be going more or less as usual with the quest for Yet Another Card To Be Captured...

Voices disappear behind her, one by one. It's not just that she gets far enough to not hear them surely. They just... suddenly get cut off in the distance, rather than fading away.

But then, after a moment, the recent one she's passed disappearing is preceded by a quick, horrified scream-- that one cut off mid-sound, too.

Something's in the shadows.
Sakura Kinomoto 2017-04-14 16:19:25 74685
Sakura Kinomoto drew the shadow card, sheathing the voice card. "Shadow, bind up the winds and capture the truth!" she called. The shadows raced out and enveloped the winds, allowing her a moment to rest.

She stepped forward, then blinked. Odd, it was getting oddly quiet. Eh, probably nothing. "Return to your true form, clow card!" she called, tapping it and--

Then the scream. "Huh?" she said, glancing back, her eyes going wide. A scream?! She snatched the card, racing towards the sound, her wand out

She was in a... weird toga uniform today.(She was lady justice. Blame Tomoyo.)
Alexis Raskoph 2017-04-14 16:25:30 74686
It's outright eerily quiet, even for an hour like this. There's no sounds of anyone else throughout the park-- and it might mostly be an illusion, but somehow the ambiant sounds of Tokyo don't seem to be reaching either. There's only the sound of Sakura and Tomoyo's footsteps.

And going back to the direction of the scream-- there's a couple. Left slumped down against the ground by a tree off the path. Completely unmoving. It might look *extremely* worrying at first, but--- closer inspection at least shows that they are still breathing. Still alive.
Sakura Kinomoto 2017-04-14 16:27:31 74687
Sakura Kinomoto knelt by them, shaking them. "Are you okay? Hello? Oh no." She examined them closely, to make sure they were okay, while tomoyo tried to call a hospital.

When the was sure they were okay, she looked around and drew a card. "Is... is someone down there?"
Alexis Raskoph 2017-04-14 16:29:23 74688
No one answers. At least not verbally. And certainly not to Sakura directly.

But, something moves in the shadows-- behind Tomoyo, while she's on the phone.

And from the darkness, a hand reaches out...
Sakura Kinomoto 2017-04-14 16:31:05 74689
Tomoyo doesn't notice and Sakura is working on the people...
Alexis Raskoph 2017-04-14 16:40:47 74690
And the hand grabs Tomoyo-- and at that point, both of them will surely notice. The six-foot figure dressed in a pair of tan cargo pants and a black tanktop-- a face very distinctly *not* asian, with dark-purple hair and similiarly dark-purple eyes that *glow*. And the whole figure shrouded in a faint aura of something *dark*, with the faint hint of the same purple that's in his hair and eyes alike.

The figure roughly pulls the small girl closer to him, and with a quiet, sharp growling sound-- Something happens. The darkness around him vibrates, and Tomoyo-- she's going to be in pain. Probably outright screaming. For the whole second that she remains conscious.
Sakura Kinomoto 2017-04-14 16:42:56 74691
Tomoyo screams! Sakura whips around and then runs at the girl. "HEY!" she yelled. "Windy! Grab Tomoyo-chan!" she yelled. The winds rushed out with such ferocity that the ground/rocks/bricks were torn asunder and sent flying by the fierce winds. She grabbed Tomoyo and quickly tried to check her, examining her for any sign of damage. "No no no. T-Tomoyo-chan..." she whispered, almost in tears.
Alexis Raskoph 2017-04-14 16:51:04 74692
The instant she sends the wind out, the figure's head snaps up, and widened-out, glowing-purple eyes stare *directly* at Sakura for a split second.

Amongst the mess of rocks and dirt flying through the air, there's a flash of purple-- and though Sakura might not immediately realize, by the time she's grabbed Tomoyo, the figure is *gone*. Tomoyo herself? Unconscious. But breathing. Sakura might still be able to tell that *something* happened to her-- drew deep into her.

"Wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..."

The low sound, rumbling like the growl of a carnivorous animal on the hunt resonates a few meters behind her. And when she looks, the man - if she even thinks it's human rather than Youma at this point - is there, stepping steadily towards her. Those purple eyes staring down at her as he approaches.

With hunger.
Sakura Kinomoto 2017-04-14 16:54:28 74693
Sakura Kinomoto hugs her friend, before slowly lowering her to the ground. She then takes a deep breath, steps forward and glares at her. She holds up her wand. "I'm NOT going to let you hurt anyone else," she said, narrowing her eyes.

"I don't know who you are or what you want, but you don't want to mess with me." She said, then drew a card. "Fight!" she yelled. She then stepped forward, trying to kick the guy in the stomach.
Alexis Raskoph 2017-04-14 17:04:29 74694
The guy doesn't speed up his approach even when she turns to face her with that kind of obvious determination. He gets closer, closer, and even closer still, enough that he has to lower his head to maintain his eyes on her.

But when she tosses her foot up to direct a kick at him? The Fight Card endows people with martial arts skills, but the figure responds in kind-- and with a significant amount more speed and power than any human could. In nearly an instant, he's turning to the side and spinning around Sakura's form, carrying him over to just besides her-- and with a fist, covered now with the same dark-purple essence that shrouds him, but more solid, raised above... and flying down towards her.

Sakura will probably realize in that same instant what's coming, though. Not much unlike the kick Hannah dealt her once before. She *has* to get out of the way.
Sakura Kinomoto 2017-04-14 17:08:19 74695
Sakura Kinomoto saw it coming, turned and... realized she couldn't get out of the way in time. She was going to be--

"Shield!" A barrier of pink light enveloped her, taking the blow and glimmering. She jumped back, the shield disappearing. She frowned as she eyed him. He was faster than her, stronger than her. She had to out smart him.

"Arrow! Shadow!" she said, tossing out both cards, tapping them. Black arrows shot out in front her, aimed at the man. If they hit, they'd explode into shadows and try to bind him up.
Alexis Raskoph 2017-04-14 17:18:37 74696
The dark fist slams into the shield with enough force that even with the neglecting magic, she might still *feel* it. Not enough to hurt, but enough for it to reverbate through. In a nearly-blind fit, though, he immediately moves on after her--

...And then pounces off to the side when the arrows come. It's outright instinctive forebearing of the danger coming, and in a span of outright blinding speed, he pounces his way through the grounds around her, dirt and rocks and parts of trees getting blown off by the force of his motions as he weaves through the arrows. And then towards her again, in a blur heralded by a loud, sharp howl of "WWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!" He can sense the magic she's using. He can tell how much energy she houses. Can tell what a *meal* she will be, and he's reaching out for her...

Only to stop. Sudden enough that the howl gets cut off just as suddenly, and in confusion, he looks back to his arm propped up just behind him. Covered in binding shadows connected to a tree, and spreading further along him. One of the arrows hit there.

After that realization, the outright beast-like man strains and pulls himself along forward, feet kicking and grinding at the ground to try to force him forward, and the bound arm's muscles visibly flexing as it strains to try to break free. --And then, more darkness, from him. Purple tendrils form out from within his arm, mingling with the shadows and straining further, working to overcome.

And even more tendrils form to follow. Shooting out from within his own darkness, dozen of them rapidly making way towards Sakura directly.
Sakura Kinomoto 2017-04-14 17:23:06 74697
Sakura Kinomoto went wide eyed. Oh no, no no no no! "Shield!" she yelled again, enveloping herself in a big bubble of magic. Unfortunately, this made the magic holding the shadows disappearing.

She grabs her phone while she has a shield up and does a mass text. "HELP! Park! Help!" she types, sending it.

She then glances back to him and glances to her friends and... "Dash!" she yells, turning and running, trying to lure her away from people.
Alexis Raskoph 2017-04-14 17:42:03 74698
Tentacle-like lengths of dark energy batter against the shield repeatedly-- and when she makes to flee with the enhanced speed of Dash, they chase after her with an equally blinding speed. Mostly swerving and voiling past trees, but occasionally striking against them with enough force to break off large chunks of bark, and even causing several of them to fall over or outright cut down when a tentacle slashes through their circumference. Trying to reach for her. Trying to coil around and grab at.

And freed from the bind of the shadows, the man chases behind shortly after too-- even faster, with a force nearly comparable to a bullet. And just like that, before she even realizes it, a hand is grabbing at her...

It happens so fast. First she was running, with tentacles chasing after her, and suddenly, there's a hand gripping at her throat and holding her up off the ground, high enough that the man has to look up to settle those glowing eyes on her face.

"Lee--" He begins reciting the trigger word for a drain, but... it cuts off. Something flickers within those dark eyes.

... He went after the one he's hunting for a reason. There was a reason. That white-haired woman. She hurt someone. She hurt...

".....DrrrrreeEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!"

It's a different howl from before. It's one of confused pain of the non-physical sort, and it comes with his hand letting her go just as suddenly to leave her falling down to the ground as he stumbles back a few steps, both hands going up to grip tightly at the sides of his skull. Groaning out as fingers dig at his scalp and drag down in clawing motions, enough to pierce and break skin and flesh along both his scalp and face to reveal bloody red from underneath-- only for purple energy to play along them immedaitely after to heal them up within the span of a second, like they were never there.

"Sakura--" The figure suddenly growls out, in a voice that's... strangely familiar. With an accent that-- oh.

Is that...?

"...*RUN*!"
Sakura Kinomoto 2017-04-14 17:45:55 74699
Sakura Kinomoto stares at him. Her eyes wide with horror. He... he's actually... he's...

She shakes her head and runs. "Jump! Dash!" And she takes off like a bolt, fleeing for her life, leaping into the air and soon making it out of the woods... and then wrapping back around to get Tomoyo and keep her safe. Her friend and all.
Alexis Raskoph 2017-04-14 17:51:54 74700
He keeps clawing at his head when she's jumping away. And behind her, she can hear him howling out in a beastial sound of equal amounts anger, sorrow and horror.

...Hears *Alexis* howling.

By the time anyone comes to Sakura's help as a result of the text messages, he's nowhere to be found-- with just the various destroyed trees and the unconscious bystanders left behind as proof he was there.