Invader!!! Maeko at the Earth Kingdom Frat House?!


Maeko arrives to negotiate the beginnings of a potentially-shaky alliance!

Date: 2017-05-30
Pose Count: 16
Misa Sakagami 2017-05-30 16:27:02 77446
     Here comes that ominous feeling. The feeling that something is wrong. That something full of hatred and despair approaches. That there is someone coming to destroy everything you know and lo-- wait no that was probably just your lunch, nevermind.

     Of course, there is still a somewhat ominous feeling, a palpable darkness that approaches! However, there doesn't seem to be any sort of sudden attack approaching. No broken windows, and in fact, the approaching darkness doesn't even come in through the balcony!

     No. Maeko has come for something much more diplomatic. So instead, she has approached the front door... and is knocking. If there's a doorbell, she rings it as well. And it's even a polite knock! Three raps on the door and a tap on the doorbell! She's capable of being a proper little dolly when she feels like it.
Naru Osaka 2017-05-30 16:36:03 77448
There is a fair bit of ominous feeling already going on at ECFH, although more in the 'cranky and sulky' sort of way. Naru is puttering around in the kitchen, although at the moment, the already clean kitchen counter is getting scrubbed to within an inch of its life in a moment of looking for /something/ to do, and arriving to a lack of dishes. There was supposed to be dishes to do. So the counter gets it.

Naru tosses a tea towel over her shoulder as the ominous feeling approaches, coming to the door as there's a knock. The doorbell comes when she's only a few steps away. "I'm coming! Relax! Sheesh." The door opens and Naru considers the dolly that is waiting there wiht a blink. That was not who she was expecting.
Misa Sakagami 2017-05-30 16:45:19 77449
     As the door open, the sight of Maeko is ... less... intimidating than usual. Not that she's normally particularly intimidating most of the time, but she doesn't have her giant cleaver. The forsaken doll tilts her head a moment at Naru answering the door. "Strange. I expected the dark prince to answer. You're a surprise. Still, you live here, so you will do." Maeko says, slipping past Naru rather... casually.

     Even her curse seemed to be muted at the moment, she seems to actually be attempting to make her presence... almost... pleasant? Odd. She dips into a curtsy once she's inside. "I believe we've met before, though I don't recall if I introduced myself. I am the Forsaken Doll, Maeko." She offers what passes for a friendly smile? And through the door, two little rabbit dolls slip through, carrying two trays. They appear to be some sort of peace offering. One of the trays has several elegant little cream puffs, and the other tray has finger sandwiches, made with real fin-- no they're actually just normal finger sandwiches. With cheese, an assortment of different meats, and little olives that have been pierced through with toothpicks that hold each sandwich together.

             "May we sit and have a chat?"
Naru Osaka 2017-05-30 16:49:22 77451
"Technically, I don't live here." Naru corrects, stepping back as Maeko steps in. She wasn't about to bar the doll, there's few who aren't welcome, provided they follow the rules. "I'm a fairly frequent visitor, however."

"Can I get..." Naru starts and then watches as dolls with treats arrive. "Apparently we're good for snacks. Tea? There's coffee on already if you'd prefer that." She romas back towards the couches and looks at the doll. "We have met before, yes. Once when you were trying to drain me at school." Naru's tone is matter of fact about it, there's no offense taken. "And I think once at the Crown."

Naru pauses a moment. "Chat? With me? About what?"
Misa Sakagami 2017-05-30 16:56:51 77453
     "I see. Well, still. You speak frequently with the residents, I assume, so that's close enough." Maeko says almost... dismissively? But it was in an oddly conversational, almost respectful tone. The doll actually... smiles... at the offer of tea and coffee. She gives a simple nod, moving over towards the couch to take a seat.

     "Some tea would be lovely, yes. Some lovely green tea, if you have it." The matter-of-fact comment about the draining gets an actual... soft laugh from Maeko, almost genuine, rather than threatening. The two little rabbit dolls, meanwhile, carefully find a place (likely on the coffee table) to put the trays down, before moving over to the side of the couch. Where they flop over rather unceremoniously. Aw, are they napping?

     "Yes. That's true. I needed energy, and you were there at the school. You're such an odd little human. So far as I could tell, at the time, no powers... and yet so calm." Maeko shakes her head. The question about the chat gets a soft sigh and shake of her head. "Something unacceptable has happened recently, and I'm sure you're aware of it. Such chaos, and not the kind that I can appreciate. So many labyrinths, created by the curses that sow seeds. I don't know what happened, but I do not care to let this stand."
Naru Osaka 2017-05-30 17:28:55 77458
"I do speak frequently with the residents, it's true." Naru confirms as she watches the bunny dolls set the coffee table and then she moves off to the kitchen to put the kettle on. Pouring herself a coffee is easy enough.

"I.. er.. thank you. I think." Naru offers as she comes back out, still standing as to be able to retrieve the kettle when it screams, but in the vicinity of polite conversation rather than yelling from the kitchen. "Then, more so then now, drain was a fairly common part of my life. It wasn't something to panic over, that didn't help anything."

At the mention of recent, relatively speaking, chaos, Naru nods in slow understanding. "Mmmm. Yes. There /are/ many more labyrinths, all in all." She considers a moment and then add. "That would be Hana.. White Flower.. her draw and influence that tends to attract them."
Misa Sakagami 2017-05-30 17:38:57 77460
     "That's good enough, then." Maeko says almost sweetly as Naru heads off to the kitchen. The doll watches Naru silently for a while. She almost seemed like she was unsure and awkward. Probably because she's used to stabbing people, rather than just chatting with them nonthreateningly. "You're welcome. Really, keeping calm in the face of someone trying to stab you with a giant cleaver is commendable." Maeko says cheerfully.

     "Really, that's the best way to handle it if you're just going to be drained anyway. Best to get it over with and not be injured more than necessary. Setting that aside, however." Maeko shifts slightly, it was almost like she was taking a breath, but it was kind of pointless because she ... doesn't appear to be breathing all that much. "So the source is this 'Hana', White Flower. I see. So she's the problem that's causing this." Maeko says mildly, a hand lifting to rest a finger on her lip thoughtfully. Hmmm.

     "I wish to help solve this problem, and negotiate some sort of ... perhaps... I don't know. Peace of some sort until it is. Either by helping this girl get control of her curse, or eliminating the curse." Maeko says matter-of-factly. She shifts her gaze to the side slightly, a hand reaching to rest atop one of the rabbits. "These labyrinths are causing problems. There are too many curses, and it is making it more difficult for me to find the kinds of curses that I seek to eliminate and absorb. And a certain person I have been searching for could fall victim to these labyrinths. Regardless, this is unacceptable to me. And it would be SIGNIFICANTLY easier if I could work at dealing with this without having to worry about people such as Sailor Moon attempting to purify me."
Naru Osaka 2017-05-30 17:53:01 77462
"I found the time I got launched into a wall at full speed, that one was hard to find calm through." Naru comments thoughtuflly before the kettle makes itself known and she pushes off to go deal with it in the kitchen. Coffee and tea return with her, only a few moments later.

"Hana is a witch." Naru explains as she sets down the tray and takes a seat before distributing mugs of hot beverage. There is milk and sugar and honey on the tray, just in case Maeko does horrible unthikable things to her green tea. One never knows. "She's a fairly unique witch in that she continues to have agency and retains much of her own personality even after her time in a grief seed. Which apparently is ununsual."

Naru tucks her legs up, curled around her hot cup of coffee. "I cannot speak for everyone here, but for myself at least, I work on a policy of if you're not actively attacking me, I do not seek people out to take them down."
Misa Sakagami 2017-05-30 18:04:24 77463
     "That does seem somewhat... difficult to be calm through, yes. That does not sound like a simple draining, however." Maeko responds, watching as the coffee and tea return. She does, in fact, do slight horrible things to the tea! Mostly in that she just adds some honey to it. Yep. Absolutely horrible!!!

     "I see. Maybe she already has some control over her curse then. Fascinating. Still, not full control. Either that or she's intentionally causing these troubles." Maeko muses out loud, lifting the tea to her lips to sip at it. "Either way, it is a problem. And it is one I wish solved. But if I work with you and your friends, perhaps it can be solved in ~your~ way, rather than mine. I don't believe many wish problems solved by having curses ripped from people's bodies. It is not pleasant."

     Naru's words get a slow nod of understanding. Maeko muses on that. "I have had... let's call them clashes... with a few members of the ... heroes? Heroines? Whatever. Anyway, I've had clashes with them. Mostly I wish it to be spread that I intend to be an ally in this. I will not do it for free, of course. This mostly benefits me, so I am willing to entertain a request or two. I will not relinquish Misa, however, as that is a bad outcome for BOTH of us. That is my only condition on those requests."
Naru Osaka 2017-05-30 18:17:12 77465
Naru leans forward to snag a little sandwich with its olive spear. Rude to eschew them entirely, really. They do look delicious.

"I'm not certain how ripping a curse from her would work." Naru speculates. "Unless her powers are considered by you to be a curse. Based on my conversations with her, the extra labryinths are not her direct doing, but rather a side effect of her presence. Which makes no comment on her control or lack thereof." She takes a sip of coffee before a small bite of dainty sandwich.

"I would argue that no one is getting paid here, we are all working for free for our own benefit. I would expect any request of you, and by you, that are part of the specific mission to be part and parcel. Anything extra would be its own separate negotation."
Misa Sakagami 2017-05-30 18:25:11 77466
     The little sandwiches are actually pretty good! Which is likely not too surprising, considering that Maeko is a doll. She has had her fair share of teaparties. Which is why she's daintily sipping tea right now, as well.

     "I am unsure as well. My experience with witches is limited, to be frankly honest. Part of why this benefits me is that I would likely be relying on the knowledge that you and yours have regarding these witches." Maeko responds thoughtfully. A side-effect though. Hmmm. "Perhaps my aid is exactly what's needed. Perhaps it's drawn to her because of how powerful her energy is, and thus I could draw out some of the energy and ...corruption ... that makes her such a labyrinth magnet." Maeko muses out loud. She taps her lip thoughtfully. "Really. Curses come in many forms, but at their core they are corruption, they are feelings of anger, of hatred, of despair, or a monster that has taken over some weak person's heart. Most dark energy qualifies as a curse for me, thus I can drain it from them."

     The argument gets a slightly wider smile from Maeko-- almost sinister in nature, and those glass eyes of hers seem to shimmer. "Well. That is perhaps true then. Regardless, I would like for you to relay the message however you can. Or I can linger here and speak with them when they return. Whichever you think is likely best."
Naru Osaka 2017-05-30 18:42:14 77467
"Mmmm." Naru considers, reaching up to absently scratch at her left shoulder and then making a little face and going back to holding her coffee. "Hana is very clinical. Detatched even. There's not a lot of excess of emotion to pull from her. I don't have a real sense of a lot of anger or despair. She feeds on it as well, albeit in a different way. I have never known witches, especially Hana, to drain anyone."

Naru gestures. "You are welcome to linger and see who might turn up. I will pass along your message, you can be certain of that."
Misa Sakagami 2017-05-30 18:56:19 77469
     "So almost definitely just a negative energy or monster taking over the person situation." Maeko muses to herself, resting her hand on her chin. And she feeds off of anger and despair. Hmm. This sounds troublesome, because that means that she won't be able to do much other than drain.

     "I see. Then I shall wait. If you would kindly care for my body..." Maeko says towards Naru, and then... she unceremoniously dehenshins. A small doll beginning to pull its way out of her chest, as her form overall begins to shrink. And Misa is left there, eyes closed on the couch and seemingly unconscious.
Naru Osaka 2017-05-30 19:11:32 77471
"I think she is her own thing." Naru speculates as she leans over to set the toothpick that held the olive down on a napkin. "She doesn't fit with a lot of conventions."

And then Maeko becomes Misa, and Naru manages not to startle at the dehenshin. She uncurls to set her coffee down, reaching to draw a quilt from the back of the couch and drape over the sleeping.. hopefully sleeping Misa.
Misa Sakagami 2017-05-30 19:14:05 77472
     Standing next to two now-stuffy-bunnies, the smaller doll Maeko gives a small nod towards Naru. "I have encountered a Witch once, I believe that my powers will still work on them." Nevermind that at the time she was trying to energy drain Homura instead, but that's beside the point.

     "Regardless. I shall be watching." And then Maeko is gone in-between blinks. But the sense of being watched lingers.
Naru Osaka 2017-05-30 19:18:39 77473
And then Maeko is gone. Naru pauses a moment and then reaches to dig out her phone. She taps out a text message, predictably to Kunzite.

TXT to Kunzite: FYI: Misa's asleep on the couch. Maeko is probably here somewhere, and I wouldn't do anything untoward to the bunny stuffies.

Naru tosses her phone bakc on the coffee table, and collects up another little sandwich and her coffee before settling back on the couch with a sigh.