A Taste of Yellow


Date: 2019-05-22
Pose Count: 34
Hoshi Kogane 2019-05-22 19:18:29 105266
Hoshi Kogane has been spending some time with friends, the nonmagical kind. It's getting late, and is about to get back home, saying goodbye to her friends and walking over in the direction where she expects the car to be to pick her up. A nice, open street that's fairly empty due to the time of day.
Reiko Touyama 2019-05-22 19:40:34 105267
Reiko Touyama had dragged Riley out to revel in the spectacle that was Japanese street food and she's dragged Riley to a ultra japanese thing she's never ever ever seen before!---

A HOT DOG CART!. Okay. Maybe she's seen these before, they a common thing in America, but Reiko presents Riley with a Okonomiyaki dog! That was fried cabbage! and vegetables and LOTS OF MAYOSNAISE slathered on top of the hot dog.

It's really piled hi. Definitely not an American hot dog.

Reiko takes a big bite and seems to adore the taste.

"Whatcha think?" she asks with a bated breath. "It's super good, right?"
Riley Hunter 2019-05-22 19:48:22 105269
"Fried, uh, cabbage? What did you say this was called? Ohko... nomiyaki?" She looked down at it, then back up towards Reiko as she did her damnedest to phonetically spell out yet another unfamiliar Japanese word. "Okay yeah, yeah they *don't* have these back home." The girl paused before taking a bite. "This is weird. This is totally weird. Ah what the hell, here goes."

She started with a small bite, the taste of it not doing that much to ease her confused expression. "I'm uh, not sure if I really like this oooor... Okay, yeah, what i said before stands dude, this is weird." Nonetheless, she took another nibble, and another, the kid didn't seem to mind it that much. Heck, if anything it seemed to be growing on her. Reiko has somehow done the impossible, and tricked Riley into eating her veggies.
Zafira 2019-05-22 19:49:57 105270
Zafira is wandering around as the apperance he's started calling by Zack when around strangers. He really hopes they never have to go out around people that recognize them with the fake names when Hayate's around. ...their whole disguise thing is so very delicate, because when have they ever had to DO disguises before? At least as far as he can REMEMBER they haven't. There's still this little, wrigling feeling in the back of his mind like he's forgetting something. He keeps trying to dismiss it because he has no REAL proof of such a thing, yet that feeling keeps hanging over him.

That and his master's situation combined keep managing to make Zafira uncharacteristically anxious at times. It is in such a state that he's doing another of his routine, nightly hunts with Signum, tracking the scent of something for her. Smelling the cart as well, he's starting to get hungry again. Didn't they JUST eat before this? Jeeez!
Signum 2019-05-22 19:59:59 105272
"Control yourself." Signum says distractedly, as if she could sense Zafira's impending hunger. Still in the civilian guise 'Sofia', she stalks about with a dour, focused look in her eyes. Time, it feels, is increasingly running short, and the longer this mission takes, the more one could mistake her for going back to her 'old self' for Hayate did... whatever she's done to change them. But that's not quite right. She's getting... agitated. Impatient. Even if subtly, it is very... un-Signum.

Regardless, she straightens up suddenly as they pass by a single girl in the road, her gaze sharpening and staring straight ahead as they pass. "Zafira. The one we passed. She's who I've been sensing." She says very softly, closing her eyes slowly. "Let's get this done quickly."
Hoshi Kogane 2019-05-22 20:04:48 105273
Hoshi is not aware she's being watched, she's getting out her phone to call her driver, asking where the car is. Unlucky, or perhaps lucky, depending on perspective; there was a mild miscommunication and the car is still on the way. So, she sits down on a bench and begins to wait.
Reiko Touyama 2019-05-22 20:12:56 105274
Reiko Touyama never had problems eat vegetables growing up. She figures that maybe that was an American thing in movies with like... broccoli being evil? Anyways, she beams. "I'm sure you'll maybe like it eventually. It isn't bad and the best part is the mayonaise on top." she says with wide eyes.

Japanese Mayo tastes a little different. She has a tiny koi hug the other half of the hot dog from beyond and then generate a tiny red 'heart'. Riley can see this now. It's frankly so dumb.

"Have you... have ramen before?" she asks. "I mean real ramen...!" she says. "Not the... stuff in the packet and the hot water... lotsa people had those." she says.

She's oblivious to a friend being nearby and / or the danger right now.
Riley Hunter 2019-05-22 20:18:21 105275
"This ain't bad!" She sounded almost defensive when she said that, taking another bite, a bigger one this time before swallowing it down. "Nono, just, well, it ain't what I'm used to y'know? Like this mayo don't taste like ma... yo..." She shook her head. "Yeah that joke almost went somewhere but didn't, I'm just going to pretend that never happened and move on because that was terrible."

She seemed grateful at the chance to change the topic at least somewhat when ramen was brought up. "Uh, yeah, who has- Wait, there's more than just the packet stuff?"
Zafira 2019-05-22 20:19:07 105276
Zafira nods toward Signum's order. He's not getting distracted, no. Not really. The guardian beast turns his attention back to the target of his tracking, allowing his false appearance to fall away once he's certain no one is paying attention. He'd then start stalking his way in toward who he'd been sniffing out.
Signum 2019-05-22 20:26:37 105278
Signum stops walking as Zafira turns around to follow their prety for the evening. She lets out a sigh as her short coat glows pink and becomes long and white, her clothes changing to armor and redding pinks, as if she had been holding her true form in with her breath. The moment her coat begins flapping in the breeze - made physically real again - Signum raises one hand into the air and activates the barrier, phasing everyone in a radius into a plane where only magical beings exist, before putting one hand on her scabbard and turning to rush towards Hoshi, making a lunge for her core with no warning or pretense to an honorable challenge. As far as she knows this is just one of many magically inclined people in tokyo who haven't yet awoken to their power, but they've encountered an unusual number of civilians who *have* so it's always wise to stay on guard and end things quickly if they can.
Hoshi Kogane 2019-05-22 20:38:23 105279
Hoshi notices the formation of a barrier, she doesn't know why it exists but she's seen them before; and knows it usually means fighting is about to happen. So her response is swift, transforming into Prism Keeper Yellow barely in time for her to put her scepter, a twirling thing composed of countless tiny five-pointed stars, in the way of Signum's blade, but it knocks her back to crash into a wall and while she clearly has magic; she's no wolkenritter.

"Why?" She asks, looking at the woman in front of her, getting herself up and flinging some of those stars towards Signum. Her other hand goes to the phone still in her hand, managing to send Reiko a quick text. One word, 'Help!'
Reiko Touyama 2019-05-22 20:51:15 105280
Reiko looks down as her phone bleeps as she blinks and looks very concerned then frowns and looks at Riley, and she grabs her hand just as they get to the front of a proper Ramen cart. "S--sorry Mister Ramen cook but um... important stuff!" she yells as she drags Riley with her into an alley. "Okay. Hoshi's in trouble. Better transform." she says softly as she pulls out her Chroma Crystal and holds it forward... "CHROMA PRISM--- TRANSFORM!" she calls out as koi sweep around her... attaching bits and bobs, putting her in a fancy dress... attaching wings and one spins around her head and becomes a koi shaped center of a bow as she sighs a bit.

"Come on!" she says Prism Keeper Orange as she takes upwards into the sky, away from the ground and look behind her, hoping Riley'-- Brass-- will follow.
Riley Hunter 2019-05-22 21:04:46 105281
Riley was dragged off so fast she nearly dropped her hot dog! Or, whatever it was called, to be frank at this point she had already forgotten the name and was only half way through the thing. She got into a guarded position as soon as Reiko let go of her arm, mostly just by base instinct of being dragged into a damn alley but she paused when she saw the phone and heard Reiko saying how Hoshi has found herself into some sort of mess. She nodded, unclenching her fists, rolling her shoulders and clicking her neck. "Right."

Riley's transformation was quicker than last time, in fact, she didn't even seem to call anything out, just stepped forward and phwoom. Fire, flames, and her "supersuit", all ready to go. She gave one last look at her "hot dog", watching as the remnants of it burnt away to ash in her hands with a sad sigh before taking off after Reiko, the pavement beneath her cracking and scorching from the heat and force.
Zafira 2019-05-22 21:13:51 105282
Zafira tries to leap in behind Hoshi as she is focused on Signum. He's aiming to hit a pressure point from behind her, in hopes of destroying the likelihood of her causing them any trouble with getting her linker core.
Signum 2019-05-22 21:16:12 105283
Signum's answer to Hoshi is as simple and cryptic as it always is. "We have need of your power." Is all she says before she lunges towards Hoshi, looking to reach through her for her Core in one stroke.
Hoshi Kogane 2019-05-22 21:25:19 105284
Yellow isn't the best solo fighter to begin with, and only ever gets to solid levels of offensive power against shades and other dark energy infused beings. So between the paunce from Zadira and Signum's strike, she's forced down to the ground and on full defense, not quite beaten yet; but it's only a matter of time. Unable to attack, she does have the energy to ask another question, "What for?"
Reiko Touyama 2019-05-22 21:36:27 105285
Prism Keeper Orange looks over to Brass. She hrms. "Brass is kinda... brown orange. I wonder if our powers have any sort of synergy somehow..." she says. She purses her lips as she looks right to Sgt. Fins, in his tiny army hat saluting to her with a fin as she sighs a bit and looks forward. "Nevermind."

She can feel that flare of Hoshi becoming Yellow. Riley can too maybe. She takes a hard turn and appears over head, leaving a sparkly orange trail in her wake.

"HEY! TALL AND PINK!" she yells out. "I DUNNO WHAT YOU'RE DOING BUT I'MMA GONNA CLOCK YA ONE IF YOU DON'T BACK OFF!" she yells.

A koi appears, holding an alarm clock over it's head.
Riley Hunter 2019-05-22 21:46:21 105286
Riley, or "The Firestarter" didn't exactly have much time to take stock of the situation. She could see two people and her friend on the ground. Of course, one doesn't need all that much time to put two and two together when presented with such. She had already gathered quite a bit of speed from taking off, the wake behind her was more akin to a rocket exhaust, or a jet with afterburners engaged than Reiko's orange sparkles. It was hot, intense, and only getting even more so as the girl turned, lining up on Zafira, who from the angle she was coming in at, was the easier target.

She accelerated hard, the girl becoming fully wreathed in an intense eagle shaped plume as she sped faster and faster towards her mark, her fist ready to strike at the face of... whoever the heck this was. Riley didn't recognise anyone here, apart from Yellow of course.
Zafira 2019-05-22 21:49:40 105287
"What's it matter," Zafira wonders, "You aren't losing it for long." He tries to do what he can to keep her in place so Signum can grab her core. Though, at the sound of Prism Keeper Orange announcing her presence he peers upward and lets out a growl. Apparently just in time to miss the fist incoming on his face. ...annnnnd off he goes, flying a short distance away from the force of the speed Brass hit him at. Thankfully he DOESN'T take yellow along for the ride/
Signum 2019-05-22 21:52:16 105288
"Zafira-" Signum starts to admonish Zafira - they don't need to hear anything from the Wolkenritter about their motives - but it's cut off as Zafira is struck, the pink haired leader clenching her teeth, and calling, "Hold them off!" before turning to Yellow. "I only need a moment." and grabbing Yellow by the shoulder with one hand, and pulling her forward towards another which reaches towards Yellow's midsection in a grasping motion.

Normally the order under these circumstances might be 'retreat' but time is running short.
Hoshi Kogane 2019-05-22 21:55:11 105289
And there it goes, Yellow's linker core is taken, and her transformation recedes turning her back into a very exhausted Hoshi, who collapses to the ground. "Because I'd like to know if you're doing anything bad with it." She answers exhaustedly, before closing her eyes and slumping to the side, this is too much for her right now.
Reiko Touyama 2019-05-22 22:03:20 105290
W...what just happened, Orange thinks as Brass just moves to slam into the Blue dog-like familiar beast down there. She frowns heavily. "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING TO MY FRIEND!" she suddenly yells out as she throws her hand forward, a beam of bright orange color energy lancing through the air towards Signum.%RThe koi next to her also throws the alarm clock. It may explode into a similar orange burst of energy near Signum as he 'hrmphs!' and dusts it's fins off before poofing into non-existence.

Orange keeps a further distance than Brass is right now.
Riley Hunter 2019-05-22 22:19:41 105291
Riley turned around, this time heading for a landing. She went to the ground hard, once again just like against the "demonic Babe Ruth", emulating the classic "superhero" three point landing. She touched down next to where Zafira had been knocked off to, sending a shockwave, cracking and searing the ground beneath her feet. She still said nothing, instead pulling out her sword and igniting it as she glared at Signum, her body once again becoming completely wreathed in fire as she began to step forward, so much so that she almost looked like just a sillouette of a girl made entirely from flames.
Zafira 2019-05-22 22:23:35 105292
With them having gotten one core and it probably being a bad move to try and be greedy, given what's happened in some other cases, Zafira would actually just move to try and grapple Brass in attempt to give Signum more room to get flying off. Yes, he realises she looks like she's on fire. No he does not seem to care about that on attempting to make this move. Yes, he will most likely regret it later, but he doesn't have much room for consideration of that /now/.
Signum 2019-05-22 22:27:30 105293
Signum's hand reaches effortlessly and bloodlessly through Yellow's body, and comes out her back, holding a sphere of glowing light. Once more the Book of Darkness appears, hovering in their air, its pages flipping as the light seems to be pulled into it, its pages filling with text until Signum has finally drained all she can. She pulls her arm back and leaves the core inside of Yellow.

Suddenly there's a burst of light and Signum shields her eyes with a grimace up towards Orange, kicking the ground and propeling herself backwards away from her followup, landing on both feet effortlessly as gravity seems to kindly slow down for her before she hits the ground.

And then there's the matter of Brass. Staring at the flame-wreathed figure, Signum doesn't look away as she slowly draws her blade, holding it out pointed towards Brass... before wrinkling her nose in disdane. Not at Brass, mind you. But at the underhanded neccesity of keeping Brass' attention long enough for Zafira to make a grab for her, at which point Signum propels herself forward with ferocious speed, aiming to simply pump kick Brass as hard as she can and hopefully earn some distance. She shoots Zafira a look and says "Zafira! Retreat!" Before she begins to fly upward into the air.
Reiko Touyama 2019-05-22 22:47:54 105294
Prism Keeper Orange is about ready to just throw SO MANY KOI at Signum when... she's running!? Wait, what!? They can't do that!? "THEY CAN'T DO THAT!" she yells. "...Can they do that?" she asks to a koi that appears next to her, the koi frowns and shrugs as she looks forward and goes "ARGH!" she screams as she attempts to chase.

She is nowhere as fast... and she's be following her alone...

She chooses to stop as she suddenly goes "Argh!" and does a small loop to the ground to land near Hoshi.

"Hoshi-chan! What did they do to you!?" she says worriedly, choosing to check on her friend then follow Signum any further.
Riley Hunter 2019-05-22 22:57:17 105295
Riley was about to charge Signum sword in hand to hit him with everything she had until... NOM. Zafira clamped down on her arm. She snarled, letting out a grunt of pain as the girl struggled to maintain her footing, the dog tearing into her arm, Zafira's teeth punching past her suit and deep into her arm. She grimmaced from the sharp pain shooting up her from the bite, but, she was still up and fighting.

She was going to fry this damn dog.

She focused all her heat, all her force from her entire body, from her entire being, to the one precise point Zafira had clamped down onto. Everything she had, directed squarely at the canine's jaws, while with her free hand she held the back of Zafira's head, holding her in place until...

SMASH

Signum's kick hit hard. Even harder than it would have otherwise with Riley having no chance to evade, block, or even see it coming with all her attention focused on frying the poor pooch clamped onto her. She fell back, smashing her head on the concrete and falling into a well and truly winded daze.
Zafira 2019-05-22 23:10:05 105296
Zafira actually gives a bit of a muffled yelp as he's held into place on that fire-y arm. Thankfully Signum kicks when she does though and Zafira's not put through it for all that prolongedly. That could have required some real help from Shamal otherwise. He quickly takes off like Signum demands, panting somewhat as he does so. Ow, ow ow ow ow....
Signum 2019-05-22 23:14:58 105298
Grimacing at Zafira's ordeal, Signum grabs him under his arm and assists in flying him away wether he needs to or not, casting one last regretful look back before she goes.
Hoshi Kogane 2019-05-22 23:20:02 105299
fter the wolkenritter have left Hoshi answers Orangem "I don't know." She takes a good look around. "Still looks like plenty yellow around, so I'm sure I'll be fine." She sounds rather tired. "They said they needed my power, and that I 'wouldn't be losing it for long.'"
Reiko Touyama 2019-05-22 23:23:31 105300
Prism Keeper Orange looks up and--- wow, Brass really screwed that other guy up a little bit. "Brass! Don't chase them alone. It'd be two against one and--- I think we have an energy draining situation involved." she says. She looks down and says. "Luckily Riley and I we're in the area! I was showing her some places I like eating at!"

"Like the hot dogs and--- the ramen cart! The reallllly salty ramen cart." she says with a happy sighhhh before she shakes it off as she gently frowns. "Can you walk on your own? I can get you home..." she says.
Riley Hunter 2019-05-22 23:32:41 105301
Riley didn't seem to be in much of a chasing mood. She lay on the floor curled up for a moment as she tried to catch her breath, not even noticing the bleeding from the deep furrows left in her right arm or that what was soaking into her hair from the back of her head after coming down hard against the unyeilding pavement. She eventually managed to get back up though, stumbling a little and wincing in pain as she limped on over.

"Not in a chasing mood right now. What the fuck just happened? Who were those guys?" She managed to get out, nearly stumbling over again, her vision still swimming. It was at this point she noticed her arm, seeing the blood dripping down from her fist and splashing in small spots against the concrete below.

"Shit."

The girl took off her shirt, fortunately with her modesty preserved by a vest she was wearing underneath, and ripped into it, tearing it down to strips as quickly as possible to serve as makeshift bandages to stem the bleeding, cussing under her breath the entire time. "Uuugh, mom's gonna kill me for this... Wait... oh god there isn't rabies in Japan, is there? You think that thing had rabies?"
Hoshi Kogane 2019-05-22 23:36:40 105302
"The car should be coming here soon. I'll let you know if there's anything wrong with me besides being a bit drained and bruised." Hoshi tells Reiko, then glances to Riley and considers. "I think that was some kind of magical animal? Maybe her familiar or something like that, I know those are a thing. Probably no rabies."
Reiko Touyama 2019-05-22 23:56:00 105303
Reiko frowms as she lets her transformation fade away. "I dunno. I gotta do some snooping I guess, ask around Mamoru's maybe. They might know... a... pink haired girl and a big familiar dog.. thing..." she says as she crosses her hands. "I think she was a device mage. But that doesn't make sense. Device mages usually don't drain energy. Not usually. Maybe... maybe they work for Riventon.." she scrunches her nose. She sighs a bit and looks to Riley.

"We'll figure it out! And--- um, ou should... get that looked at. Go to the hospital just um. Say. 'Car accident'." She says.

"You'd be really surprised how many people buy that." she says with wide eyes.