Oops


Takashi accidentally unleashes a youma.

Date: 2016-01-18
Pose Count: 27
Takashi Agera 2016-01-18 00:35:10 23286
It's a calm evening in Pikarigaoka. This was not to last, however, because there's a man in a lab coat who's decided to use it as a testing grounds.

Riventon leans down. One does not test potentially violatile substances/youma in your own backyard. He's got a small black orb in his hand, about the size of a gumball, and in the other hand, a strange black vial.

It's, however, about this time an alley cat chooses to go screeching past, scared by a dog, a car, or who knows what. This does mean, however, that Riventon drops both the orb and the vial due to being startled.

    "Oops."

And that's why ten minutes later, there is a nine-foot tall youma roaming around the alleyway, kicking garbage cans into the street, roaring, and Riventon is perched on the edge of the roof. "That's not how that was supposed to go." he says to himself as the youma releases a pulse of energy that also likely alerts nearby heroes, in addition to blowing some windows out.
Reiko Touyama 2016-01-18 00:48:00 23290
Flit , flit, flit, Boop! Prism Keeper Orange hits a skyscrapers window. "A--ah! Sorry!" she says to the confused lady inside who definitly is confused by a small orange winged girl crashing into her window. A koi appears, bows apologetically, then chases after Orange.

This is a particularly boring day so far- except for the odd crosswind carrying her into a skyscraper because she hasn't learned to stay far enough away from them yet.

The Chroma Crystal on her wand begins reacting to something as she heads for the more clear area over the park. She spirals down towards the park- closer to the ground as she blinks.

She spots Riventon, and frowns. She spots the Youma! And she froooooowns some more.

"H-hey!? What are you trying to do here!?" she snaps out.
Mikoto Nakajima 2016-01-18 00:53:45 23291
Mikoto is out for a walk, heading down towards Seiyou, perhaps intending to meet with the Guardians there. Or maybe looking for Ikuto. Hoping to catch a glimpse of the Black Cat, that ran off so quickly when confronted by said Guardians' aid and healing. Strangely enough, there's a small grey cat curled in the hood of her coat, occasionally peeking out over her shoulder. It's a cute little thing, with leopard-like spots, and strangely intense eyes.

((~Energy burst detected, Meister. Youma-type signature.~))

She halts in her path, holding one hand up. "Well, that blows this day." She looks around briefly to find a private place to transform, eventually spotting an unlocked garden shed that will serve. Once appropriately disguised, Miss Blue takes to the air, flitting towards the source of the reading, a blue cashmere scarf added to her suit to provide somewhere for the cat to nestle.
Ikuto Tsukiyomi 2016-01-18 01:03:20 23293
Ikuto is up on a roof not far from where the 'oops' happened. It's getting cold enough that he's honestly considering just biting the bullet and going back to Easter's paid-for private hell for him. He doesn't really have anywhere else to go yet. Yoru's with him, mercifully not affected by the cold. In fact, he pipes up, "Ne, Ikuto. Let's go get something hot to eat-nya. Maybe that'll warm you up."

And then that pulse of energy. Well, Ikuto's no hero, but it definitely attracted his attention. He quickly directs Yoru to ready for Character Transformation, with a tilt of his head.

Not too much longer, Black Lynx is landing on the roof next to Riventon, in a crouch. He recognizes Riventon, not as Takashi, but as someone he's supposed to listen to or Easter will yell at him. "What's the situation?" he asks simply. Translation: 'what do you want to do with this thing?'.
Takashi Agera 2016-01-18 01:10:34 23298
Riventon looks down as the youma goes on a rampage. "Well, it's not entirely what I was hoping for. Very uncontrolled. You should probably deal with it before it wrecks part of the city." he says, generally. Probably loud enough for Reiko and Mikoto to hear it, though Ikuto's the one he's talking to. "But it'd be a shame for me to spend all those resources and just kill it myself, so I thought I'd see what it was capable of."

The youma, on the ground, is seemingly prepared to do as much damage as it possibly can - while it's trapped in the alley now, it's not long before it gets out. It slams a massive fist into the wall - and there's a huge crash, and bricks are falling.
Reiko Touyama 2016-01-18 01:20:25 23301
A koi poofs into existence. Orange grabs it! It turns into a conical megaphone shape. "I said! WHAT ARE YOU Do--oh forget it!" she huffs as the megaphone pops away in an orange sparkle. She just hovers as she overhears those words. So this is something gone awry? So will Riventon stop them? Ugh. She does look around hesitantly...

Okay. No Ayana. Good.

She raises her Chroma Wand and fires off a burst of color energy into the creature- aiming to get it's attention as she keeps skyward. So far. It seems to like smashing around. In her experience- things can still be thrown though and maybe it has a giga dark mouth laser or something!? D:.
Mikoto Nakajima 2016-01-18 01:28:25 23304
Miss Blue lands on a rooftop nearby - ironically enough, the same one Ikuto just departed - and looks down to survey the situation. "Hmmm, what do you think, Hikari-chan?" She tilts her head as if listening for a moment - perhaps to the cat, it's now got its front paws on her shoulder to get a better view - and she nods.

"You're right. I guess we'll have to fight." A wave of her hand and Flicker Shots start to orbit around her head, glistening glasslike in the sunlight. She starts roof-hopping over towards the youma, getting closer, until she's across the street from Riventon - and Ikuto.

"Hey-yo, monster!" she yells. "Sorry, but this street is officially No Youma Passing. You'll have to try Eighth Avenue!" (There is no Eighth Avenue in Pikarigaoka...)

She doesn't seem to have seen the Black Cat yet, and would definitely react if she did. Instead, she leaps to engage the youma directly, slashing at it with her blade...

... and alongisde her, the cat leaps, its own form changing in mid-air into a much larger, yet still feline, form. It too engages the youma, its claws charged with energy much as its master's sword, and both of them move quickly to avoid the monster's response.
Ikuto Tsukiyomi 2016-01-18 01:42:02 23310
Ikuto nods, and remains where he is for the time being. He hasn't noticed anyone there besides Riventon yet, it seems. Riventon wants to see what the thing's capabilities are. "Well, I assume it would fight against anyone who came to stop it," he reasons. "And I assume it wants to survive, so it'd fight for its life."

That's when he hears Prism Keeper Orange, and looks up there. About the same moment, muffled and coming from about where Ikuto is, Yoru's voice can be heard. "Ikuto, look! It's koigirl-nya!" Ikuto doesn't respond, but acknowledges with a nod.

And he also notices Mikoto, when he hears her voice. He emits a quiet, choked sound of surprise. And he stays where he is. Because he doesn't want Mikoto to see him just yet.
Sayaka Miki 2016-01-18 01:43:27 23311
    It's just another chilly night in Pikarigaoka, and Sayaka is doing her usual rounds, which have become more frequent since she became a Puella. Although she's already saved up three grief eggs, it never hurts to go hunting for more..

    However, what she spies on the not-so-distant horizon certainly doesn't appear to be a witch, but more like..

    "A Youma?" frowning softly, Puella Sayaka leaps onto the scene, summoning her cutlass which she points threatenningly at the Youma. "Hey you! prepare to taste my sword!" And with that, she charges at the youma, attempting to slash and slice at it with her sword.
Takashi Agera 2016-01-18 01:58:34 23313
Riventon turns to the Prism Keeper as she pulls the megaphone. "I heard you both times, little girl, but I didn't feel the need to explain to YOU. That's a big scary monster. You're a magical girl. I thought the correct course of action was obvious?" he says. It's also probably somewhat obvious to everyone there that he's more than a little upset about the presence of that giant monster youma.
Hepeaking of, it's down there causing trouble, and now it's being attacked! Mikoto's blade finds purchase, tearing down into the shadow monster's body, eerily like sinking into skin, and the large cat attacks too. The attacks make contact before it swats them away with its other hand, only to be pushed away from further attacks by the orange Prism Keeper's bursts. She's half right, as it responds with BLACK LASER BEAM EYES!

The blast itself is stopped from continuing to follow the Prism Keeper because the blue Puella Magi has begun to slash at it! The monster is making wide sweeps with its claws now, trying to keep them away.

"Well, yes. I just expected a highly intelligent, focused creature and I got...this thing. Also was going for about five feet tall, not eight." Riventon is still very put out.
Reiko Touyama 2016-01-18 02:10:19 23315
Prism Keeper Orange wants to scream 'because you're a terrible scientist!' at Riventon but this won't help the issue and currently he doesn't seem intent to stop them from destroying the creature. Also- little girl!? Ugh! Creep, she thinks. Oh- of course. The jerk cat is standing next to Riventon with him. She looks kinda put out by this. At least he isn't trying to do the egg + cat math thing again.

Koi scientists are still trying to figure that one out!

Her eyes go wide, "woah!?" she spouts as eye lasers hone in on her, she dodges left- right, down-- and up and one clips her in the feet and sends her spinning in place. She comes to a stop, feeling dizzy--- but has no more shots coming at her thanks to the Puella's intervention.

She huffs and points her wand down and send a flurry and rapid homing koi down at the beast! They explode into tiny orange sparkles upon impact that should hurt a bit.
Mikoto Nakajima 2016-01-18 02:14:57 23316
At least the laser beam eyes aren't firing on Miss Blue or her feline friend! The pair keep harassing the creature, darting in to slash at it with sword and claw, taking advantage of its distraction with the koi-girl to whittle away at the monster.

"Yes, yes, big scary monster, big scary madman, big scary cat - oh, wait, that one's mine, sorry." She flashes a rueful grin at Riventon's rooftop.

While slipping out past the youma's claw-swipe, she waves cheerily to Sayaka, noting the young Puella with a smile. "Good to see you again, my fellow Avatar of Blue-ness!" She twirls around again to slash at the youma... but she's miscalculated slightly in her distraction, a claw-swipe catching her in the side to toss her away with a spray of blood.

In a flash, the great cat lunges towards her, its claws raking in passing at the arm that struck her as it takes up a guard position over the fallen girl.
Ikuto Tsukiyomi 2016-01-18 02:37:42 23321
"I can completely see why you're dismayed and I totally agree. Kaiju sized would've made a more threatening statement," Ikuto replies, completely seriously. Riventon would see the smirk on his face if he looked in the catboy's direction, though. Yes, he's making light of it. Because it's totally Riventon's fault.

No indeed, today it's cat + cat = cat with a bigger claw. So Reiko's koi can rest their poor brains for now. They have more to concentrate on anyway. Ikuto's eyes track the fight, and he doesn't seem inclined to join in just yet. That is, until Mikoto gets hurt.

Suddenly he's gone from the roof next to Riventon. And there's a second cat coming to Miss Blue's rescue. He leaps right past Sayaka, in fact, to join the much larger cat who he doesn't know. All he cares about is that she's obviously helping Mikoto. A look to Hikari. "Keep her safe." And then he's leaping back to the roofs, silver arcs of cutting energy springing from the claw on his right wrist, aimed at the monster.
Takashi Agera 2016-01-18 03:11:34 23328
Riventon glares at Ikuto. "I see the reports of you being difficult to work with were not in error." he says. He doesn't, however, miss how fast Ikuto responds to the injured Mikoto. This earns an eyebrow raise.

Back on the ground, the monster roars in anger as the cat prevents it from finishing off Mikoto. Trying to come down with a different claw, the Black Lynx's attack cuts into it, the silver arcs of energy making the claw recoil. And the laser beam eyes are up again, black beams of 'light' erupting and trying to carve Ikuto in two.

But the Prism Keeper's at it again, the bursts of koi keeping the creature from doing what it wants (and turning parts of it splotches of orange).

Riventon leans over a bit. "Good show. But I wonder if you'd back off if I ordered you to, Black Cat?" he asks, a smirk on his face. But he doesn't order him to - after all, he's helping clean up a mess. A big mess, as the creature grabs a small car and hurls it towards Mikoto and Hikari!
Reiko Touyama 2016-01-18 03:21:57 23330
Prism Keeper Orange is not very happy for various reasons. That's Mikoto there... right? And Ikuto's there with her? Huh? Okay that's confusing, still, she turns back to the creature and sumons up another array of bright orange beams in the air as she aims to pepper the beast with more color energy!

Right now, she's just keeping the pressure up! Some koi appear and give little pom-pom shakes to offer a little morale boost, with orange and white pompoms like tiny fishy cheerleaders.

"...I don't.. think I need...cheerleaders..."

Then they pop away.
Sayaka Miki 2016-01-18 03:24:40 23331
    Oh hey, there's Miss Blue again, Sayaka remembers seeing her fighting along WPS the other night. So, she's one of Miss White's girls then, huh. Well, right now she appears to be an ally. The other girl, Sayaka doesn't seem to recognize.

    However, there's little time for conversation as the Shadow Youma swings its claws at her. She frowns, darting nimbly to the side as the shadow Youma tries to slice her to ribbons with its massive claws. "What the heck is this thing..where'd it come from?"

    There's a lot going on..Riventon's here..And is that Ikuto too? But who's side is he on? Sayaka's about to say something, when her phone beeps..Looks like a very important message just came up, something that cant wait by the expression on her face!

    ..Fortunately, it looks like the two heroines have this little Youma under control. She smirks at Miss Blue. "Good too see you again..I think. So sorry, but I gotta go! Looks like you got this under control.."

    And with a flit of her cape, Sayaka's gone again.
Mikoto Nakajima 2016-01-18 03:28:27 23332
Black Lynx's intervention has bought Miss Blue a moment's respite to recover from her wound. Will it be enough for her to get back into the fight?

(("Protection!")) Labyrinth Architect's auto-defense doesn't seem to think so. It slides a shield into place to deflect the car away, letting it tumble into someone's garage.

"Note to self," the girl in blue remarks as she tries to stand. "Do not let youma run valet parking."

She looks up at the departing Sayaka. "Er?" is all she can say in reply to the Puella's departure.

As Mikoto tries to get to her feet - and has fairly little success - the lithe feline form of Hikari resumes assualting the youma, leaping at it to dig magic-enhanced fangs into its flesh, trying to grab a leg and pin it down for Ikuto and the Prism Keeper to assault. The cat is pretty darn smart when it comes to strategy.

"... Sayaka? 'zat you?"
Ikuto Tsukiyomi 2016-01-18 03:39:15 23334
At his new perch, Ikuto catches that last statement from Riventon, about backing down. "No, and if you took it up with my superiors they'd probably agree-- I'm cleaning up your mess, after all." Easter can hardly take over the world, let alone the city, if Riventon's monster destroys it, right? On the bright side, Ikuto's not really being particularly rude with his comment. It's less rude and more matter-of-fact. 'Cause he kinda is.

Sayaka's disappearance doesn't go unnoticed. Or rather, her appearance. That's a magical girl. She looks familiar... but he can't quite place who she is...

Prism Keeper Orange's attacks draw him from his reverie, and he looks to the youma, just in time to get lasered! He is not, fortunately, carved in two. But he's thrown, with a stifled yelp, and ends up falling into a pile of debris. There's way too much smoke coming out of that pile now.

As he starts to crawl out, he looks to Mikoto, noticing too late the car coming at her. Though he breathes a sigh of relief when the shield deflects the car. And then he starts pulling himself out of that pile of debris. He's slow, mainly because of the extremely large burn-mrk on his midsection.
Takashi Agera 2016-01-18 04:03:28 23341
The creature is getting worn down - slowly - by the combined might of the heroes. What's more, of course, is the fact that the creature's 'blood' is dripping onto the floor before evaporating into the air, and the creature slowly getting smaller as it does. Of course, smaller is also faster. And it's back is almost entirely bright orange from the constant attacks from the Prism Keeper.

It's being dragged down by the cat, and now at a more managable size, it's less of a threat by sheer strength.

It lets out a maniacal giggle, though - a very feminine, girlish giggle - as it throws the very aggressive Hiakari off of it again. It looks over to Ikuto, and both of its hands turn into massive blades, which it uses as it charges into Ikuto, still giggling, those blades ready to impale. Faster as it is now, now it's dodging more of those color blasts, moving quickly.

"Hmmm. That's curious." is all Riventon says from above. He's actually got a tablet out and is poking at it with a stylus. He looks for all the world like a lab technician, despite the chaos going on below.
Reiko Touyama 2016-01-18 04:19:14 23345
Prism Keeper Orange nrg, this thing is getting smaller....and faster!?

Her blasts are missing now.

She hopes this thing is made of dark energy or corruption because she's gonna give all she has into one massive blast! She raises her wand overhead, "Prism Aegis Power....!" she calls out.

"Orange Chroma Overflow!" she calls out, throwing the wand down as there's a sudden burst of bright orange, and suddenly, a ridicolously giant koi that aims to try to smash into the create and exploding into bright orange purifying color energy!

Also, it probably just hurts a hell of a whole lot!

Ugh is that jerk down there just taking notes!? >,>
Mikoto Nakajima 2016-01-18 04:20:58 23346
The great cat that is Hikari's battle-form lands on her feet, naturally. She is a cat, after all. She takes a moment to shake off the shock of the landing, then leaps over to check on Mikoto.

The girl in blue hauls herself to a sitting position with the cat's help, reclaiming her Device from where it had fallen. She looks up, checking the cloud of Flicker Shots that's been slowly accumulating while she engaged blade to claw. "Curious, is it?"

The huge cat twists about to re-engage the beast, claws out to rake at its flesh. And from the other side, the cloud of Flickers rains down in the familiar endless-seeming stream, one after another, each one slicing at the youma's flesh like a razor-sharp shard of glass.

"Curiosity didn't kill the cat, it killed the mad scientist."
Ikuto Tsukiyomi 2016-01-18 04:29:24 23350
Ikuto's just managed to stand up when the youma attacks him again. He raises his claw to parry, and it's not a moment too soon either, barely diverting the claws from finding purchase on his body. Yet he does not move. No, not yet. In fact he twists his claw, trying to bind up one of the creature's blades in his claw. Why would he do that, instead of getting clear?

Because between Prism Keeper Orange's Chroma Overflow, Hikari's claw attack, and Mikoto's Flicker Shots, that's a lot of attacks. And he's trying to keep the youma in place for as many of them as he can.

He's liable to eat a blade attack here in a bit, mind-- Ikuto only has ONE claw, and the youma has TWO blades...
Takashi Agera 2016-01-18 04:57:08 23354
As Ikuto catches one claw and twists it, the Youma drives forwards with its other one, headed for his neck...

And that's when the Orange Chroma Overflow strikes it, turning it from black to orange to black again, before it slowly began to flake away. But then, those flakes began to recombine - before the rain of flicker shots rained down upon it, finding purchase in the holes. And then, the bright orange light began to erupt within it, and the youma detonated - that claw still just a hair's breath from Ikuto's neck.

Riventon looks down. "Well, that's that then. Dangerous for a moment, but has a hard time keeping... itself together." he notes, before the tablet vanishes into his lab coat." And he's staring down at them - especially Mikoto - before looking over.

"Still, a succesful experiment. Came close, I think."
Reiko Touyama 2016-01-18 05:26:00 23360
Prism Keeper Orange frowns at Riventon, there's just... something about cold emotionless science... that... ugh. It's one thing to be smart, she's smart! But it's another to.. think that means you're above feeling or caring- and right now that's how she sees Riventon... a jerk. Who doesn't care about anyone but himself. She wants to yell out-- things. About this tonight, about Ayana but--- no. She made a promise. She's going to keep that promise so she's going to keep her mouth shut.

There is however, one thing, she will say.

"YOU'RE A BIG HUGE AWFUL JERK, YOU KNOW THAT!" she yells out.

Ikuto knows what being yelled at like this by Orange is like. It's just words, but it's all she's willing to muster right now.

She begins to shoot away- taking off in an southwesterly direction in the sky- out towards the Pikraghoka suburds.

Where the only tall thing is a tower she can avoid like the plague and not crash into.

Who are we kidding, she'll find a way to crash into it anyways!
Mikoto Nakajima 2016-01-18 05:40:53 23362
Mikoto wobbles a bit as she holds herself erect, trying to shake off the effects of her wound. She's managed to stand, by this point, and is supporting herself by leaning on a nearby car. "Lesson number one: Thou shall not muck about with monsters, because you are crunchy and look good in black and blue."

Witty rejoinders were never her department.

The battle done, Hikari returns to her Master's side, teeth bared and ready for anything... although being used as a walking stick by her Master was probably not on her list of things to do today. Both of them turn to glare at Riventon's lurking-place. (can't call it a hiding place, he isn't hiding.)

"Orange girl is right," Blue finally says. "You're a jerk, Riventon. A complete kneebiter."

And with that, the pair turnn to walk away, back towards where they came in from. Perhaps they weren't going to Seiyou after alll. Or perhaps their visit can be rescheduled easily.
Ikuto Tsukiyomi 2016-01-18 05:50:03 23365
Ikuto drew back as the blade/claw from the youma came close to him. There wasn't any way he could have dodged it, not bound up as his claw was. Fortunately Prism Keeper Orange and 'Miss Blue' managed to keep him alive. Once the thing disappears, Ikuto breathes a sigh of relief. Though he can't help but chuckle at Koigirl's words. Oh, he knows what that's like, yes. But it really was far more adorable than any girl shouting had the right to be.

Mikoto's words get his attention... and suddenly he frowns. What did he say? Should he even say anything? But when Mikoto and her Familiar start to walk away, Ikuto... actually seems relieved. It would have been an awkward reunion if they'd had to do that here. So he's... actually kind of glad she doesn't seem to be in any shape to confront him.

He just leaps back up to a roof-- not Riventon's roof this time, no. A close enough roof to be able to keep an eye on Mikoto, just for long enough to see that she's resonably all right. He's not going to follow her, no. Not too far, anyway...
Takashi Agera 2016-01-18 06:08:10 23370
Riventon leans down from above as the last of the youma disapates into the air from the combined attacks. Prism Keeper orange makes comments, and he responds. "Maybe, but a lot of scientific history was made by jerks. You should look it up, once you're older."

And to Mikoto, he adds. "I'm an effective jerk. One day maybe you'll understand that the difference between winners and losers in any long conflict often is in what you're willing to do to win."

He looks over to the cat. Notes are made, of course, about the way he acted and reacted, but these things are more about being useful to him than to give to superiors. No reason to give anyone else in Easter or Eclipse any leverage over anyone. But with the experiment both a success and ruined, all he can do is turn around and leave himself. Tomorrow's another day, after all.