Shadows of Justice: Attack on Seishou


Shadow Witch Shiniko has made a decision. That Tokyo will never know injustice again. Beginning with Seishou.

Date: 2016-11-05
Pose Count: 42
Sora Hisakata 2016-11-05 21:14:51 59773
The shadows have been gathering, and a dark pall has covered all of Tokyo. It should be no surprise to anyone aware enough to notice these things that Evil stirs, and its gaze appears to be directed at Seishou. There is a focus of darkness there, a sickening growth of dark energy that manifests in the form of physical beings of shadow. Led by a shadowy copy of Shiniko herself, accompanied by a couple of little girls and boys as well as large hounds, foxes and birds that surround the group.

The copy of Shiniko is singing a song, her voice warping and weaving in a most unnatural fashion. "Come little children, I'll take thee away into a land of enchantment~" With this much dark energy draining the school, most of the pupils start to collapse.

"Come little children, the time's come to play, here in my garden of shadows~" And then the shadows solidify, blocking out the sun and the buildings and the very ground itself. At least the pupils seem to have gone, this dark magical space has no room for mundanes. It's a challenge to a fight.

A challenge emitting so much dark energy, it can be noticed all over Tokyo. "Follow sweet children, I'll show thee the way, through all the pain and the sorrows~
Amu Hinamori 2016-11-05 21:20:01 59774
Amu Hinamori was laying in bed, then she sensed that. She sat up, her eyes slowly opening. "Amu..." Miki said softly. "That's... a lot of dark energy." "Amu, don't, you're sick," Su said softly. "But that's a lot. They might... they might need me." She started to get out of bed and fell out with a shriek. "Amu!" Ran started. "Ran. Come on, character transform with me."

"... No." "RAN!" "It's dangerous, you'll--" "I'll go with or without you." There was a long moment of silence. Then Ran sighed and... character transformed. She leaped off the balcony and made her way down the street, leaping from roof to roof, light as a feather and slow, panting with exertion already.
Gaofele Doiru 2016-11-05 21:24:37 59776
It might be a school day, and he might be all the way across town, but a surge of dark energy that size is bound to get Gaofele's attention. Taking advantage of the lunch break, he makes his way to a hidden corner, transforms, and starts bounding across town.

"Hopefully we can stop this before it gets out of hand!" he calls to Rune as they rush across Tokyo.
Yuzuki Amemori 2016-11-05 21:28:12 59777
Yuzuki Amemori had been out on an early lunch, having been working on a school project. That level of bad hoodoo gets her attention quickly enough. She looks around, then down at her half eaten sandwich, then back around. She uncermoniously devours the rest of the Sandwich while running towards the source of the shadow magic, changing as she ducks through an alleyway with only a brief stagger in her momentum. It's about then that she remembers she's also carting her drink along and that's drained quickly before a burst of flame incinerates the cup. She was in a hurry and there wasn't a trashcan!

She's bounding along, having bounced herself to the rooftops with magic, she's now leaping from rooftop to rooftop trying to hurry along.
Runealy Waldia 2016-11-05 21:29:51 59779
Rune notices the darkness as well, and looks puzzled. "Wait. Is that... supposed to happen? That's not natural back home, and nobody here has said anything about it." By the time she realizes this probably bears intervention or at least investigation, Gao seems to be already on the move. "Ah, right...!"

Her own transformation is done in the open, a habit from this being how it is done on their homeworld where everyone knows knights and the royal line protect them. A flash of red light engulfs her, then she's in full magical attire and rushes to catch up with her friend. "Do you have /any/ idea what caused this? I sure don't..." A question along the way.
Sora Hisakata 2016-11-05 21:37:40 59780
To the magically aware, the 'garden of shadows' is easily noticed. A dome of shadows that seems to cover the entire school. Going through the edge is the easy way in, but once insides it becomes a little more questionable to navigate. There's no light, no warmth, no positivity aside from that which they bring themselves. "Weep not poor children, For life is this way, Murdering beauty and passions~" The same warping and weaving voice continues to sing.

And that's when the problems start, the entire environment is hostile. It's not merely the youma that roam within, but walls rise up out of nowhere to herd the intruders towards the center, blocking paths that don't lead forward and when they get the opportunity, separating people who travel together.

And the shadow children come out first, every intruder gets to deal with two of them, hands covered in dark fire which freezes rather than warms, and they rush forward to punch. "Hush now dear childrem, it must be this way, to weary of life and deceptions~"
Amu Hinamori 2016-11-05 21:44:05 59783
Amulet Heart ran in and was too tired and weak to focus, she at least had both arms this time, though. She stumbled a little and had to lean on a wall. Then the two shadow children came out. Her batons formed in her hands, one in each. "Heart rod!" She used them to deflect the punches, before sending one at the one on her right, but the second got in close and hit her, sending her toppling back into the wall. Shepanted with pain and exertion, her eyes closing and a soft hwimper coming from her.

"Amu, we need to run, you can't do this!" Miki said. "I can! I'm fine! I have to!" Amu yelled. She then slowly got to her feet. She looked at the two approaching children. "Spiral heart!" She flung out both wands and they shot out in a tight circle around the two, sprinkling glowing, magical dust around. "Negative heart, lock on!" she yelled, forming a heart with her hand and then thrusting it out. "Open heart!" Rays of magical pink hearts would shoot out at the creatures.
Yuzuki Amemori 2016-11-05 21:49:51 59785
Hakuomaru arrives with a racket, landing heavily with cracks spreading from her point of impact. She lingers there for a moment, wondering why she thought that was a good idea before using her sword to prop herself up before standing. Adjusting a few straps on her armor, she finally looks over the advancing shadows and the girl that looks like she should really not be here at the moment. The shadows though, she's seen them, but they usually look like old people and don't have children walking towards them.

Hefting the sword over one shoulder, she takes a defensive martial arts stance, unsure if she should go full out or not yet. When one comes close, she stomps on the ground, creating a series of cracks to form, spreading towards the children before suddenly erupting in an attempt to send at least one of them to the ground. If she's successful, she'll try to get a better look, keeping those burning hands away to the best of her ability. Without looking over her shoulder, she calls out to Heart, "Don't let your pride get in the way, you need help, you call for it right?"
Gaofele Doiru 2016-11-05 21:55:36 59787
Guardian Gao shrugs as he bounds along. "Only thing I've been aware of recently are those pools of shadows," he calls back. "But if this is related, it's definitely a large leap!"

Arriving at the dome of shadows and entering it isn't too hard, but navigating it is certainly a challenge. A Dandelion Shot helps supply a bit of light, but it doesn't prevent a wall from emerging between himself and Rune. Gao pounds on the barrier, but it certainly seems sturdy. "Be careful, and I'll try to catch up with you when I can," he calls to Rune, then turns to make his way through the maze-like realm.

When he gets attacked by the two shadow children, the forester smiles. "Two can play at your game," he murmurs, swapping his bow for his quarterstaff. "Forest Wall!" he shouts, sidestepping behind his Dandelion Shot and slamming the tip of the staff into the ground. A thick barrier of plants erupts, separating the two shadow children and blocking the path of one of them. The plants might not withstand the dark flame for long, but that should be enough for the other one to discover the hard way how the Dandelion Shot functions as a mine...
Runealy Waldia 2016-11-05 22:00:11 59790
Rune looks unnerved as soon as she notices the song, shifting her gaze every which way. "Let's stay together," she 'suggests', largely out of a very real interest in staying with Gao in the face of the unknown. Seeing Amulet Heart in the distance - the princess remembers her help against some demons some time ago - prompts her to call out...

...and the suddenly shifting nature of the shadows makes it impossible. First she loses sight of Amu. "Huh? That's not good, where..." Then the bizarre walls end up separating her from Gao, and that's enough to prompt wide-eyed alarm when a pair of strange shadow-beings emerge. "Wha!?"

A dive aside gets her away from the first punch, though the second tags her in the ribs and sends her spinning with a hurt cry. A hurried hop backwards puts her against a wall, but gives her enough room to aim at one of the monsters. "Almost like a demon's fire, but you look totally different... what are you!?"

Runealy does not wait for an answer, as her wand launches a gem at one of her foes. If it makes contact, it will 'explode' into a burst of emerald sparkles. Even as it flies, she responds to Gao's advice: "Right! You be careful too, it looks like this place can change in an instant!" That he seems to be on top of this problem in his own way hasn't quite occurred to her just yet...
Sora Hisakata 2016-11-05 22:08:18 59793
Open heart rips through the familiars and the walls alike, the positive energy ripping away at the dark nature of this place. Meanwhile, Hakuomaru's cracking and shockwaves make the ones assaulting her collapse. Gao separates the two he's fighting, and one of them steps on Dandelion Shot and perishes for that error, while Runealy's gem shatters the one it impacts.

"Rest now my children, for soon we'll away, into the calm and the quiet~" That warping and weaving voice keeps singing, the path leading the intruding visitors ever closer. "Come little children, I'll take thee away, into a land of enchantment~"

At this point, all present are in the same arena. And there are a lot of shadow creatures here, easily dozens for every intruder, and the witch-like shadow at the center has an expression of pure glee. "Come little children, the time's come to play, here in my garden of shadows~" And then, shadow fire, of that same cold nature falls down from above, raining down.
Amu Hinamori 2016-11-05 22:15:21 59795
Amulet Heart fell to one knee after that. "Amu, you're pushing yourself too hard, the doctor said not to--" "I'm needed here. Miki, stop telling me what I can't do!" she snapped. She then looked towards the woman and ran at her.

But then, fire. She threw her rods at the shadow in the center before turning towards them. Pompoms formed in her hands and she lifted them up, forming a barrier around herself.

Red spread through her cheeks and she stood, holding them up and blocking the fires. For a few moments. Then the barrier began to crack and she fell to one knees. "N-no. I can... I can do this... I just need to--" and then the barrier broke. Fires enveloped her and she shieled herself as best she could with her arms, but in the end it sent her flying and toppling across the ground, landing hard and rolling a few feet.
Gaofele Doiru 2016-11-05 22:30:16 59798
With one foe delayed and its partner destroyed, Gao is able to quickly dispatch the second of his initial opponents with a simple arrow shot. As he arrives at the combined arena, he sizes up the forces on both sides: a handful of magical girls versus a horde of shadow beings. Four against many isn't too bad--

But three against many could be rough. "NETTLE BARRAGE!" he shouts, firing several arrows that each split into countless narrow shafts, peppering the shadowy foes closing in on Amulet Heart. While the attack might not stem the tide, it should at least give the shadow children pause long enough for the other magical girls to reach Amulet Heart.
Runealy Waldia 2016-11-05 22:32:13 59799
"If this is your idea of 'enchantment'...!" Rune's voice trails off, an ineffective retort to the song. Then she cries out upon spotting the others: "Gao! And everyone else...!" Even if Hakuomaru is a fairly unknown face to her, the divide seems obvious: Shadow monsters, and people. Hakuomaru seems to fit into the latter.

When Amulet Heart is struck, Rune begins a series of zig-zagging hops to try to get toward her, evading through most of the flames and wincing as she's glanced by others... the goal is to reach Amu and shield her, as Rune engulfs herself in a red 'bubble' of energy; standing right over her friend, she's hoping this will suffice as a defense. Moreover, she's hoping Gao's archery will cover her well enough to get there intact...
Yuzuki Amemori 2016-11-05 22:53:01 59802
Hakuomaru only takes a moment to make sure they're not a real kid just being controlled with the fallen shadow before planting her sword in it. The other is given an unceremonious kick, then she tries to repeat the same motion as before to dispatch them. Turning to check on the girl that had been struggling before already, the oni masked samurai runs over to join her, sword trailing behind her until she can swing her blade around to try and clear some space for her. Successful or not, she places herself between her and the shadows, sword held high and defensive, resting on a neutral stance.

"I've seen these before, you were there last time too right? At the lake?" She's pretty sure it was the same girl. "Just call out if any are sneaking up on us alright?" Her voice calm enough, muffled as it is by the mask, almost mechanical in sound.

"Where's the song coming from?" She calls out to everyone in earshot, "I didn't see" and totally not just because of tunnel vision, really!
Sora Hisakata 2016-11-05 23:05:39 59805
No more singing. The protection of Amu more than sufficient to keep her from harm, but it seems likely that this will remain an issue for the time being. "Even if you kill me, you are far too late~" The witch-like familiar says in a song-songy voice, "The mistress can no longer be stopped, but I'll dance with you now~" She jumps up and twirls.

Then she giggles, and all hell breaks loose. The child-like shadows start throwing rocks made out of shadow, wreathed in cold fire, making sure to keep aiming towards Amulet Heart. Meanwhile a pair of large hounds pounces towards Gao, snarling while cold flame drips from their maws, a fox tries to find its way up Rune's shoulder, before combusting. Finally. a large bird of prey swoops down towards the Samurai, burning talons seeking to dig in to her shoulders.
Amu Hinamori 2016-11-05 23:08:31 59807
Amulet Heart gasped, slowly getting back to her knees, hurt and weakened. "I-I'm fine," though she sounded more like she was trying to convince herself. "Amu, you're hurt. You can't do this, your body won't--" "Don't have a lot of choice here, Miki." She took a slow deep breath. "Swap with ran. I need more power," she said softly. "I don't hafve--" "You're better for this situation." "Grrrrr...." But then, she swtched forms. After a moment, amulet spade stood there. The paintbrush formed in ehr hands. "Colorful canvas!" she span it around. A rainbow of purifying sparkle light shot out in all directions, surrounding them. How effective they'd be was anyone's guess.

However, after the swirling rainbows, she stumbled a little and fell to her knees, dropping the brush. "S-su." "Amu... you're burning up. You need Tadase..." She shook her head and tried pushing herself to her feet. "S-switch... I'll... I'll be fine." There was a flurry of light and then the green spade stood there, the much smaller whisk in hand. "Remake honey!" She called, lifting it up and sending sticky, purifying honey in all directions.
Gaofele Doiru 2016-11-05 23:20:54 59808
Guardian Gao leaps back, sizing up this new pair of foes as he glances around the battle. Amulet Heart is protected from external threats, so the only worry there is her exhausting herself to the point of injury; best solution for that is to hurry up with this fight. Rune is providing some defense; he knows that she'll do fine. The samurai isn't familiar, but definitely knows what they're doing; looks like things are going reasonably well, given the circumstances.

"You're acting like this is all of the magical protectors of Tokyo," the forester yells at the shadow familiar, even as he leaps around to keep his distance from the shadow hounds. "Even if this isn't where your mistress is, I know that there will be others to stop her!"

As if to prove his point, he draws two arrows, and with a shout of "Pinecone Spiker!" he fires them towards the maws of the shadow hounds. Each arrows changes shape in mid-flight, turning into pinecones the size of tennis balls. He's not sure if the cold fire in the mouths of the shadows will be enough to ignite the explosions of the pinecones, but the impacts themselves should make a mark on the shadow hounds.
Runealy Waldia 2016-11-05 23:26:08 59809
Rune is only able to manage brief conversation, focused more on maintaining her barrier to shield Amu. "Too late to prevent what?" A confused call to the familiar, though no more can be said as she hops aside when Amu rises and changes forms. A glance over-shoulder is given to Amu, "You're barely standing... it's too late now, you're already here, but what was so worth it that you're doing this?"

Her gaze then snaps to Gao... he said something interesting just now, but there's no time to ask about it right this instant; it might have to wait. After all, a strange fox (!?) just tried to climb up her shoulder. "Ch...!?" A startled cry as she bats it away, albeit a moment too late; it ignites just as it starts to detach, causing her to get some burn and cry out from the pain!
Yuzuki Amemori 2016-11-05 23:29:59 59811
Hakuomaru scowls and reaches for her flintlock, drawing it steadily with her freehand and leveling it at the chatty shadow. She wings a shot at it just to get it's attention before stomping her foot down once again, creating an earthen barrier between herself (And Amulet Heart!) and the children throwing rocks. Leaving the barrier in place, she slips around the side and swings wide and low, trying to catch any getting too pushy!

The cry of pain gets her to turn her head though, trying to find out if someone just got hurt, or if they're being overrun. She'll do her best either way!
Sora Hisakata 2016-11-05 23:39:12 59813
Amu's exertions are doing a decent job at pushing back and even destroying some of the shadows, but it doesn't seem to scare them too much. A tired, sick magical girl is still a threat, but not as much as some of the others. Hakuomaru shoots the shadow in the face, and takes off half of it, which regrows soon after, though not quite flawlessly.

"And you're acting like I'm the only one sent out to keep them busy~" The familar responds to Gao with bemusement, right as the pinecones explode the two hounds. "Believe me, Tokyo will never know injustice again, because there can be no injustice without people~" She giggles once again.

Rune throwing away the immolated fox leaves it on the ground, motionless, but unfortunately there's more to take the place of what's gone, the shadow childen keep flinging flaming rocks, and those dark flames still rain down from the sky. The Witch even bothers to form up a spear, throwing it straight for Amu.
Amu Hinamori 2016-11-05 23:43:25 59815
Amulet Clover clenched her whisk in both hands, before doing a little spin. She sent more honey out, flying it around and stumbling a little. "I... I'm fine," she said again. "It's just... just a cold." "Pneumonia is not a cold!" Su snapped. "It's fine!" she growled. She'd probably spent more time fighting the charas than them.

And unfortunately, it lookedl ike it was about to cost her. She was distracted, sending out a burst of honey at the nearest batch of flaming rocks, sending them flying back. She didn't even see the spear flying right at her...
Gaofele Doiru 2016-11-06 00:01:38 59820
"One massive, permanent injustice to counter possible little ones?" Gao snaps back at the familiar. While he's not close enough to deal with the spear, he can at least keep the spear-thrower preoccupied.

"Bramble Grasp!" he calls out as he fires an arrow at the familiar. The shot splits into a thorny net of vines, hopefully entangling the familiar and any other shadowy foes near it. Buy some time, make an opening to deal with this decisively...
Runealy Waldia 2016-11-06 00:03:04 59821
"I'm okay," Rune calls to Hakuomaru; she noticed the gaze. Having received no discernable reply from Amulet Clover, Rune hops away from her in the hopes this will discourage any further attacks meant to exploit the earlier defensive approach. Her tiara lights up, unleashing a rapid stream of tiny green sparkles at incoming rocks in the hopes of shooting most of them down before they can strike the princess!

"There can't be /anything/," she leaps over to join Gao and reinforce the point he's making, "any ideas at all, if there's no one around to understand them!" A shout to the familiar, then Rune takes aim. Her staff launches another green gem-tip (and grows a replacement immediately), though this one bursts apart in mid-air to become a wide spray of emerald sparkles that tries to 'pepper' their foe!
Yuzuki Amemori 2016-11-06 00:07:19 59823
Hakuomaru is not the flying sort and the flying sick girl makes guarding her kind of hard. Maybe she'll find a better solution for later. Instead, she charges straight into the crowd, sword held up for a vicious swing, though for now she seems to be relying on the heavy plates of armor on her side, arms and shoulder to barrel through the shadows, trying to act as something of a wrecking ball through them, aiming for the real target in her mind. That is, the ring leader.

Should she break through, she begins to twist while still running, her sword's weight and size adding to her momentum as she swings in a wide circle, aiming to cut down the creature before it spreads those shadows further and before they're overwhelmed! "You can't have something without it's counterpart you mindless blob! Spouting off about justice and law while doing these horrible things? You're taking away someone else's hopes and dreams for what?" Then she catches herself! She's monologuing and that's probably bad when she's not talking to a real thing. A... non simulacrum at least. That is a simulacrum right? Either way, she levels her sword at anything around her and says, "Come on, have at you!" trying to taunt them into focusing on her.
Sora Hisakata 2016-11-06 00:33:37 59827
"There will be eternal peace~" The Witch's Familiar answers Rune easily, before getting caught in the net, where she giggles. Rune's emerald sparkles take out several of the lesser familiars while ripping away at the bigger one, and Hakuomaru's sword cuts into her thigh. She giggles again, as the shadowy realm they're in shudders. "You fools~"

And then it becomes obvious why she's so amused. The walls start closing in from every direction, with no visible avenue of escape. More cold fire is all over the walls and the lowering ceiling. They're speeding up their pace, leaving only precious little time to spare.
Amu Hinamori 2016-11-06 00:40:05 59829
Amulet Clover didn't turn in time. The spear pierced her side and she let out a pained cry of pain, falling to the ground and clasping her side. It... wasn't that deep, fortunately. She'd probably need some stitches, at most. But it was enough to throw off her focus and make her hit the ground, hard, her eyes wide with shock and entire body shaking. She panted with exertion, hands clawing at the ground before she slowly looked around. "W-what?" she whispered softly.

She held her side, closing her eyes. They were right, this was a bad idea. A very bad idea. She looked to ran. "I... I need open heart. I--" "You're bleeding!" "Miki?" ".... Last time. But no more," the spade said, her tone getting harsh. She then turned back to amulet spade and then held out her hands. "Negative... negative heart... lock on." She slowly sat up, panting from a mix of exhaustion and fever. "Open heart." She formed the heart with her hand and sent out beams of light at the walls. Well, it'd worked once before. But the purifying light only lasted a few moments before she fell back on her back, her eyes closed and face red from fever, panting weakly as the transformation ended.
Gaofele Doiru 2016-11-06 00:41:32 59831
With the familiar's focus shifting from hordes of minions to realm manipulation, it gives Gao a brief opportunity -- long enough for one shot.

He nocks an arrow, focusing all of his magic into his bow. The arrow gleams as it is enveloped in coruscating green energy, glowing brighter as more magic is poured into it.

"VERDANT EXPLOSION!" the forester bellows as he looses the arrow. It leaves the scent of the forest after the rain in its wake, and it flies like a missile towards the familiar... and will explode with about as much force!
Yuzuki Amemori 2016-11-06 00:46:47 59832
Hakuomaru looks at the walls closing in and says, "Well then." before turning to face the shadow simulacrum. Sword raised in a salute, her face twisting into a grim smile, "I wonder if we all get together in the long run." Referring to her conversations with her past self. Wordlessly, she raises the darkened sword and brings it down at the creature, cracks of flame showing along the blade. Hit or miss, she quickly hefts it back over her shoulder, smoke trailing behind her and makes a run for the fallen Amu, standing over her to keep anything away from her. Maybe she can buy enough time.

"Should have brought our priestess along I think." she calls out with an almost joking tone, watching the walls and shadows coming closer, lashing out with sword, earth and flame for any that stray too close still.
Runealy Waldia 2016-11-06 00:47:35 59833
"Are you sure about that? Peace is when people are able to pursue ideas... to build, learn..." She might add 'to invent', but this is actually a very real problem with the generally peaceful culture she hails from; they have become somewhat stagnant on that front.

Watching where Hakuomaru is focusing on, Rune follows the sword's motions and then realizes the area itself is shrinking or at least closing upon them! This requires some quick guessing: Either hammer through the environment itself - would that even work? - or try to eliminate the likely cause of all this.

Gao seems to have a thought on this, and Rune opts to follow suit. Her wand begins tracing a circle through the air, which forms a free-floating dome of white, semi-transparent energy. "You're going first? I guess that makes sense, Gao... the forest does lead to the shrine." Apparently she sees some symbolism here.

"Wardliiight..." A chant causes the dome to begin rippling, expanding wide enough to potentially contain the familiar. "Epilogue!" The dome flies out, trailing behind Gao's arrow!

It seeks to land upon their foe and trap it within the dome. Interestingly, the dome does not interfere with anyone else's attacks trying to enter. Instead, if it does make contact it will only trap the monster within... and then begin building gold energy within. Should this work, should the dome completely fill, it eventually bursts with the anti-demon magic that overflows in it!
Sora Hisakata 2016-11-06 01:07:45 59839
Amu locks onto the Familiar, purifying energy blasting away at her defenses. Gao's verdant arrow explodes into the center, forcing her to stagger back, right into Hakuomaru's blade. Then, Runeaely's dome captures the familiar and weakened and hurt as it is, burns the familiar away entirely. With the centre of this shadow realm gone, it collapses into nothingness, the shadows fading and the few remaining familiars running off in terror.
Amu Hinamori 2016-11-06 01:10:37 59840
Amu Hinamori watched for a few moments before finally collapsing to the ground, panting and clasping her bloody side. Oh, she was so spent and just... so beat. She tried to sit up, but fell back down with a whimper.

Her charas stared down at her. "I'm getting Tadase," Ran said. "I'm getting Nades," Miki said. "I'm getting kukai," su said. "W-what? No! I'm... I'm fine... jsut need to rest a moment, I'm fine... traitors!" They were already flying off to tattle on her.
Gaofele Doiru 2016-11-06 01:17:22 59842
Guardian Gao rushes over to Amu to help guard her, even as he takes a few potshots at the fleeing shadows with Nettle Barrage. "The difference between bravery and foolishness is whether or not you succeed," he remarks to her with an amused (yet not unfriendly) smile. "Given how this worked out... it looks like you were very, very brave."

The forester looks in the direction of Seiyou and sighs. "If we have to fight another group on our way back to class..." he starts, then shakes his head. Worry about one thing at a time, starting with the injured Amu.
Yuzuki Amemori 2016-11-06 01:25:26 59845
Hakuomaru looks between Gao and Amu, twisting her sword and planting it into the ground. Working her fingers a few times, she draws her other flintlock and lines up a shot at a retreating shadow as well, using the sword as a steady. It's only when it looks like things are mostly safe that she steps back, no longer standing over the prone girl to poke her in the side. "How many times do you need to be told that you're putting yourself at unnecessary risk before it sinks in?"

To Gao, she hesitates before saying, "She was brave, yes." Before looking down at her before adding somewhat wryly, "But I think I'm going to recommend a door guard for her after this so she can actually recover."

Rune is given a curious look too. "Do you see anything else around? Are any of you on that phone network thing to call for help for her-" she pauses, "Or should I see if I can carry her to a hospital?"
Runealy Waldia 2016-11-06 01:27:43 59846
Rune snaps off a few more wand-orbs at the fleeing monsters, but seems too tired to seriously pursue them; she took enough hits that she's clearly not thrilled at the idea of blundering into a batch of them a mile or so down the road. It might not happen, but it /could/, and that makes her cautious enough to just settle for the darkness fading.

"What was that all about?" She glances to Hakuomaru, then Gao. "Both of you sounded like you knew something. Could you fill me in? And... 'phone network thing'?" This concept causes Rune to stare, baffled. It takes a few seconds for the tech-illiterate princess to figure it out. "Oh! That! Yes, we can call 'that network', or I can get my driver here to take us to the healers." Her word choice is distinctly archaic, obviously not matching modern norms.
Amu Hinamori 2016-11-06 01:28:51 59847
Amu Hinamori eeped and then shook her head. "No! No no. I-I... I'm fine. I'll probably just need a bandaid. Maybe some bandages. I-I can take care of it at home. Probably. I can't go to the hospital. If I do, my parents will find out and then..." She shuddered. "They don't know about... this. Any of it. If they find out, they'll flip and there'll be a lot of trouble." She then blinked. "O-oh. The healers. Yeah... yeah that... that sounds good... that sounds... really good." She closed her eyes and just panted with exertion, her face all red from the fever. "Then a long, long nap..."
Gaofele Doiru 2016-11-06 01:32:50 59849
Guardian Gao shrugs. "That shadow entity boasted about not being the only group forming distraction traps," he points out, still remaining vigilant in case some of the shadows try to sneak back for an ambush. "This was the one we noticed, but who's to say that others didn't pop up while we were inside that realm of shadow?"
Yuzuki Amemori 2016-11-06 02:00:45 59853
Hakuomaru looks to Rune and says, "I've fought a killer lake once with these shadow things, I figured they were connected. Also what he said" She says while pointing to Gao. Amu is given a stern look. Which is hidden by her mask. She sighs before replying to Rune again, "Let's call a car. You can't save someone from themselves, but at the very least." She points to the girl's red cheeks, "We can see if they can fix whatever she's sick with maybe."

There's a quiet moment of thought, "If they can't, we should probably go to the hospital, your little mini-mes said what sounded like pneumonia and bluntly, that's kinda bad."

Finally to Gao, she asks, "Did you sense any others going off? This was-" she groans, "This was a bug zapper, the puppeteer wanted to pull people away." Which is what he said. Still.
Amu Hinamori 2016-11-06 02:03:10 59854
Amu Hinamori just laid there. "They... know about it. On anti biotics... supposed to be in bed... just need to... get some more... rest and..." She was soon sleeping, head rolled back.

Yeah, she was out of it.
Gaofele Doiru 2016-11-06 02:17:12 59858
"If any others popped up, they weren't big enough to be noticed over the ambient dark of the one we were in," Gao shrugs to Hakuomaru. "And there's enough lingering dark energy that I can't tell if it's due to what we just fought or other locations."

The local shadows haven't made a reappearance, but that doesn't keep the forester knight from standing guard while waiting for the ride to arrive. Even if there's other groups, the current priority is to get Amu to safety.

Hopefully, there are others making more headway against the source of these troubles...
Yuzuki Amemori 2016-11-06 02:57:08 59863
Hakuomaru checks her blade for any damage, not that she expects any before pulling a piece of oiled cloth from her belt to wipe it down. Resting the blade on her shoulder, she looks to Gao, head tilted. "Make sure she" she points to Amu, "Gets to safety. Then split up and look? Or stick together since there are so many?"
Gaofele Doiru 2016-11-06 03:03:54 59865
Guardian Gao frowns slightly. "Get her to safety, then see how things stand from there," he sighs. "Probably safest to stick together while getting her to safety, so we can hang back if needed to buy enough time to get her to where she needs to go."

About at that time, the limo arrives, and with the help of the others Gao gets Amu in and on the seats. He crouches on the roof, ready to help defend the limo from any errant shadows.