No Title Set


Date: 2018-05-20
Pose Count: 24
Ami Mizuno 2018-05-20 22:06:23 91372
It's early evening when Ami lets herself into the ECFH. She's in her school uniform, and here to find Mamoru, or--well, anyone.

She takes off her shoes after setting down her book bag, puts on her light blue slippers, and calls out, "Anyone home?"
Stahlritter 2018-05-20 22:15:28 91375
"Kitchen," a certain rumbling male voice calls out in response, from the direction of - of course - the kitchen.

And within, Ami gets to find the sight of Alexis, standing by the kitchen table with the map of Tokyo spread out across it... and with a pen in his right hand to draw various lines and notes along several point son the map. It's like some bizarre battle strategy map. Or a conspiracy theorist's mad notes.

And due to reasons of not having had use of his left arm available to him for a while, he's keeping his left hand occupied with lifting an immensely heavy-looking handweight up and down.
Ami Mizuno 2018-05-20 22:17:18 91376
The bluenette stops in the doorway. "Why are you lifting a weight, Alexis?" Ami asks, startled, before looking at the mad scribblings on the map. "And what--" She sounds perplexed. Confused.

Worried.

Again.
Stahlritter 2018-05-20 22:35:47 91380
Alex actually pauses all motion upon Ami's first question, save for his eyes sweeping up to peer at the bluenette, slightly widened. "... Why do people generally lift weights?" He asks in counter, in a vaguely bemused tone. "... Though in fairness, I'm specifically just getting the arm back to par. Had to be lazy with it while I recovered from my last fight."

He says this like this is completely normal.

"As for this--" The pen in his other hand gets swung around, so that he can tap the rear end of it against the map. "Look. I'm trying to map out the territory of influence my parents have by putting down intel I've gathered so far. Official holdings of the Raskoph Conglomerate proper, suspected holdings owned indirectly through secret subsidiaries, further divided to possible fronts for labs like what they held me in. In addition, properties and turf 'owned' - both literally and figuratively - by a Yakuza family potentially aligned with them."

... Someone's been seriously busy.
Ami Mizuno 2018-05-20 22:36:36 91381
Ami Mizuno leans against the doorfraime, watching him. "So, when do you sleep?" she asks softly.
Stahlritter 2018-05-20 22:55:38 91384
"Sometimes," says Alex, in complete deadpan.

As if though that is completely normal, too.

"But, speaking of--" Aaaand he's immediately turning the conversation away from *that*. The pen gets pointed at the bluenette, too. "Did you have time to look up those properties? If I can confirm any of those as theirs, I can link a few more things and--"

Pause.

"... I might have a plan on what to do from there."
Ami Mizuno 2018-05-20 23:05:57 91386
Nodding, Ami pulls out the Mercury Computer. "Yes. About three-quarters were Raskoph properties, under shell companies. I traced them to your mother, specifically." She keeps the disdain out of her voice, barely, when mentioning Mrs. Raskoph.
Kyouko Sakura 2018-05-20 23:11:36 91387
    "What, are we planning a hit? A heist? Some wanton destruction of property? And nobody invited me?" Preceded by her voice, Kyouko strolls into the room from the direction of the stairs to the roof. Either she's just arrived via the sky or she was up there the whole time- equally likely. She's wearing jeans and a black t-shirt, her standard, though she's barefoot, and has a can of sparkling apple-flavored water in her hand.

    She gives Alex a nod of greeting, before turning her eyes on Ami. "Ami-san. Nice to see ya." She says, more formally, since it's been a little while since she last spoke to Mercury in person.
Stahlritter 2018-05-20 23:30:56 91389
"Three quarters," Alexis repeats after Ami, brows creasing together briefly. "That's more than I expected."

He sets the pen he initially used aside, with that, and takes a red marker instead-- starting to draw over lines and circles previously drawn with that.

"I didn't expect the paper trail to go to my mother specifically, though, I admit," he murmurs, while doing all that. "I suppose it makes sense, though. At the very least this confirms they're using these Yakuza for some end too here. There's some overlap in their properties, and--" The marker's used to draw a line from one building marked as 'Yakuza' through various streets to another marked as 'Raskoph'. "There's deliveries of some sort going here from them. Maybe..." His words start turning into mumbling of wandering-off thoughts...

...Only for it all to be interrupted by the arrival of Kyouko and her series of questions. The up-and-down motion of the ludicrous weight in his left hand ceases breifly again, when he peeks to the way of the redhead, over his shoulder. "Not exactly. More like a shadow war."
Ami Mizuno 2018-05-20 23:32:21 91391
Ami blinks at Kyouko. "You needn't be so formal, Kyouko-chan." She smiles at the Shitennou, before looking back to Alexis. "It's all very complicated," she admits, with a faint smile, to her.
Kyouko Sakura 2018-05-20 23:35:13 91392
    "Shadow war's the best kinda war." Kyouko says casually, moving into the kitchen and shouldering past Alex on her way to drop her now-empty can into the recycling and then grab an actual fresh apple from the basket sitting on the counter. She bites into it, tearing a chunk off with her sharp little teeth. "Always best to stab 'em when they don't see you coming. But a shadow war can include all three of the things I said."

    She smiles to Ami around a mouthful of apple. "Just tryin' to be polite, but thanks. It's good to see you."
Stahlritter 2018-05-20 23:48:47 91395
"That really depends," murmurs Alexis, though he can't help having a briefly amused tug to one corner of his mouth. "I need to... plan. FIgure out if I want to beat some information out of the delivery boys and/or the Yakuza themselves or... think of something more subtle."

He peeks after Kyouko while she's mouthing the apple. "You missed a fight at the bank, you know. But I guess you were probably at the party here at the time?"
Kyouko Sakura 2018-05-20 23:59:35 91396
    "Huh? During Sora's party?" Kyouko shakes her head. "Nah, I was with Mamoru in Paris. He wanted to get away." Vague wave of her hand, as if that explains everything and there's no need for any further justification for a cross-continent jaunt.

    She takes another bite out of the apple, and then quirks one of her brows. "You think too much. You want to beat somebody up? Let's do it. That always works." She pauses. "Well. Almost always."
Stahlritter 2018-05-21 00:13:27 91397
"... Why Paris of all places?" Alex grunts. "I *hate* Paris. Worst city my folks ever dragged me to."

"And thinking too much pays off with these jerks," he insists, then. "If it's too obvious we're closing in on something they're doing, they'll react too. It's not like they're a bunch of static rocks that just wait to get mowed down. THey actualy are in the sort of place where they *can* and *will* adjust their own movements to block off whatever lead I've gathered if I let them figure it out. Same reason I gathered-- well." He gestures to the massive map spread over the table. "... Literally *all of this* instead of just trying to punch a hole in Raskoph Conglomerate's japanese offices. No. I'm going to find the one bloody weakness they're bound to have, instead. And when I do."

Something very, very dark spreads through his eyes briefly.

"I will burn all of it down."

Whatever it was, it flashes away almost instantly, and then he flashes a grin at KYouko. "But anyway. Yeah. During Sora's party. I think you would've liked the fight. THe one you guys call Riventon robbed the damn place. He got some magic gem out of there, but I did give him a concussion for his trouble so there's that."
Ami Mizuno 2018-05-21 00:16:03 91398
Ami Mizuno tilts her head, and listens. Her eyes land on Alexis, and she shivers. "I just--" And then there's mention of Riventon. Concussions. "Excuse me," Ami says exceedingly formally. "I need to go." She bows, and turns, walking to the door and starting to change her shoes.
Kyouko Sakura 2018-05-21 00:21:06 91400
    "I dunno, Mamoru wanted to go there." Kyouko says with a mild shrug. "Anyway, I like it." There might be a mild defensive tone to her voice- Paris is the only city outside of Japan she's ever been to, and she's somewhat fond of it for that reason alone. "They have good bread." That, at least, is indisputable.

    She frowns faintly at Alex's description of his plan. "I still think you're being too cautious. You gotta seize the initiative, or else they will." She shrugs her shoulders. "Well, anyway. It's not like we need to have the same argument again."

    She eyes Ami as the girl does an about-face and starts to put her shoes on and leave again. "Um.. nice talkin' to ya." She says, seeming slightly confused but not about to question.
Stahlritter 2018-05-21 00:32:57 91401
"Paris is just a bunch of pompous jerks who think they're better than everyone else," Alex scoffs. "Even though most of their streets smell like... like they don't have any plumbing, if you catch my drift."

He spins the pen around in his right hand, and idly taps the tip of it against the map. "There's more to having initiative in this kind of fight than just making big explosions, Kyouko," he murmurs. "... But on that note. How would you feel about donning magic disguises and infiltrating the Yakuza?"

Ami's reaction, though? That makes him blink in bemusement after the bluenette. "Eh?" He sounds out, with his head tilted slightly to the side. "...Sssure. Thanks for the help...?" He sends a sidelong look to Kyouko in the meantime. He doesn't say anything with it, but the look alone is the sort of thing that seems to ask, 'What's with her?'.
Kyouko Sakura 2018-05-21 00:39:39 91403
    "Initiative doesn't mean big explosions." Kyouko protests, although she adds, "Sometimes it can. I just mean you gotta act before they have time to think about what you're gonna do, y'know?" She grins.

    She glances over as Ami takes her leave again. "Well, she does have like.. a thing with.. well, nevermind. It's not really important. It probably wasn't your fault, anyway." A faint shrug.

    Then she looks interested, taking another bite of her apple. "Infiltrate the Yakuza? Tell me more."
Stahlritter 2018-05-21 01:00:32 91406
"... Let me guess," Alex scoffs out. "It's complicated." He shakes his head at that. "He was threatening to kill a little girl and blasted me point-blank with some crazy powerful attack. I felt *pretty* justified in headbutting him at that point. ... ANd like I told Gul. If he does some really shitty thing to *proper* piss me off?" That same dark look flows through his eyes again, briefly. "I won't hesitate to break every. Single. Bone. In his body. No matter how much some of the people here might think he's 'okay' or they have a 'thing' with him."

The look fades away just as quickly as it came along, though, and... well. The urging question from Kyouko draws an outright *feral* grin from her.

"Look," he urges of her, then, and taps the pen to one of the lines he's drawn through the streets on the map, connecting a Yakuza property to a Raskoph holding. "This is a delivery line. One amongst many. The Yakuza holding this turf are bringing *something* to my folks' people. And I'm pretty sure it's not drugs or money. I want to find out what. I originally thought of just grabbing the delivery boy and just looking, but... problem is, that only gives me so much information, and my folks will immediately know that *someone* is trying to interfere and lock everything down. So... here's what I'm thinking."

"Option one," the pen is brought to tap against the Yakuza turf. "Assume some manner of different identities, and get into the ranks of the Yakuza themselves. Either as soldiers or business partners, and use the certain... priviliges, that come with that, to dig information. Primarily find out all the other Raskoph holdings they're delivering to."

"Option two... maybe still infiltrate the Yakuza, but also incite a rival organization to raiding their deliveries. Use that to mask us grabbing the delivery by the other guys just trying to get a payday."
Kyouko Sakura 2018-05-21 01:10:41 91408
    "Hey man," Kyouko holds up her hands, placatingly. "You got my blessing. I think people are crazy wanting to do anything but put that guy in the ground after all the shit he's pulled. He deserves it. I'd do him myself except I've been pretty much ordered not to." She twists her mouth to the side. "A hazard of working for people who are way too forgiving.. though it has its plusses, too. Anyway. As far as I'm concerned, he's given plenty of reason to put him in traction for the rest of his life.. so be my guest."

    She quirks a brow as she listens to the various options Alex outlines as far as figuring out what the Yakuza are giving his parents. "Well, that all sounds like a load of fun, but I ain't exactly in a position to be part of any long-lasting infiltrations. I got responsibilities, y'know. And I don't wanna blow your cover when I can't be there because I have something else I need to do."

    "But I'm absolutely willing to help if you need some muscle. Like, I can pretend to be a Yakuza thug and watch your back or something if you need it, while you do the whole 'assumed identity' thing longer term."
Stahlritter 2018-05-21 01:21:47 91409
"...Well, I mean. Considering my relationship with Norie..." Alex rolls one broad shoulder. "I am probably the last person to be saying some person can't be saved. I mean, if he can be, then that's cool and all, but... considering the things I've heard and seen, I'm not... very hopeful."

There's another grin. "I figured you'd say that," he murmurs. "But muscle might be just what I need for the second plan. Because we might not even need a 'different organization' for it. Rather, just enough manpower to hit more than one delivery in one short time period. Turn it into a right and proper false flag operation."
Kyouko Sakura 2018-05-21 01:38:15 91411
    "No. A person only gets so many chances." Kyouko says, firmly, her mouth in a line. "If you have the chance to turn over a new leaf half a dozen times, and you spit at that chance every one of them, you stop getting chances. People can change, but if they don't want to change, then we're under no obligation to let them keep being an asshole in the hope they'll suddenly wake up one day."

    She nods her head to the part about the plan, though. "Well, I'm in for that. You can count on me whenever it comes to stuff needing to get stabbed or blown up or broken or whatever. That's my specialty."
Stahlritter 2018-05-21 01:54:48 91413
"...Let's maybe not stab normal people but otherwise yeah," Alex allows, with just a faint tinge of amusement in his voice. "I'm sure there's plenty to break, though. I'll keep you informed, yeh? I'll have to put some feelers in first thing."
Kyouko Sakura 2018-05-21 01:57:33 91414
    "Whether you're magical or not has nothing to do with whether or not you deserve stabbing." Kyouko says firmly. "I won't stab anybody who doesn't deserve it, but I couldn't give a crap whether they're 'normal' or not."

    She nods, turning to start heading for the door. "Sounds good. You got my number." She makes her way towards the elevator to head down to her own apartment.